National Patient Transport Ambulance Attendant
National Patient Transport (NPT) Group has grown to become one of Australia’s leading providers of private non-emergency patient transport. With a large fleet of patient transport vehicles, NPT provides patient transport services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
With a head office in Victoria and new branches located across Sydney, they are seeking people for the role of Ambulance Transport Attendant to join their expanding team.
- Full time positions available.
- Must have an unrestricted license.
NPT will provide all successful candidates with a comprehensive induction program to assist with transition into the non emergency patient transport environment. NPT is committed to continuing professional development, and our operations are supported by NPT HEART – NPT’s Registered Training Organization (RTO).
Essential: Diploma of Paramedical Science
A note from APC: If you’re new to the health care sector and looking for an entry -level job, then the Patient Transport sector is booming. Start with the Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport qualification. This course can be completed online in under 12 month. Minimal time is required to attend practical workshops and there is no requirement to complete work placement (work experience). In most cases, employers will extend your training during your employment.
You’ll be expected to work afternoon and weekend shifts including public holidays.
- Primary care, monitoring and treatment of patient during their journey
- Providing structured clinical handovers for all inter-hospital and diagnostic related transfers
- Performing, as part of a team, to deliver high quality care and treatment in a timely, safe and efficient manner
- Complying with patient care documentation requirements
- Adhering to relevant clinical and operation regulations, policies and procedures
- Driving of patient transport vehicles in line with respective road rules in place across NSW.
- Ambulance Transport Attendant: Current qualifications in paramedicine. Diploma of Paramedical Science or Bachelor of Paramedicine.
- Recent healthcare experience
- Current National Police Check and Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain prior to commencement)
- Current unrestricted driver’s license
- Ability to work professionally as part of a team, providing high standards of patient care with effective communication and interpersonal skills.