Ambulance Transport Attendants and Patient Transport Officers – Illawarra
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aero medical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia. RFDS NSW supports the work of the Flying Doctors throughout Australia, and is also growing its clinical services across the State.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC and NSW.
Ambulance Transport Attendants and Patient Transport Officers exist to provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions, in accordance with RFDS MPC policies, procedures, and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
Please note these roles are casual in nature and will require a degree of flexibility.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform patient assessment, intervention and assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all RFDS MPC policies and procedures, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures as well as work collaboratively with other team members when required.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice
Qualifications and Experience:
- ATA: Qualified as Ambulance Transport Attendant, Ambulance Officer, Ambulance Paramedic or Division 1 Registered Nurse.
- PTO: Cert III in Non-emergency Patient Transport or Enrolled Nurse
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role.
- Knowledge of NEPT clinical practice protocols.
RFDS policies require that the below immunizations must be obtained by any new staff members prior to commencement of work. Please be aware that if you don’t have the following, you may not be eligible for a position in Mobile Patient Care.Apply now for Ambulance Patient Transport Attendants Officers - Illawarra -->