CASUAL Paramedic Assessor- Perth
CASUAL Paramedic Assessor Health Care Paramedical Role Perth WA
The role of Paramedic Assessor is required to rapidly gain a broad overview of the Candidate Paramedics abilities both practical and theoretical through practical and written testing.
Through the assessment process, the Paramedic Assessor will be able to make an informed decision as to whether or not the Candidate Paramedic can perform to a safe level of practice whilst on location.
Essential selection criteria and experience required:
- 5 – 10 years as a qualified paramedic working for a state or territory service in a moderate or higher workload area.
- Possesses a Degree or Diploma of Paramedic Science
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national guidelines in resuscitation (Australian Resuscitation Council)
- Has a working understanding of the requirements for national paramedic registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of management of critical cases covering;
- Major Trauma (Neurological, Chest, Abdominal, Pelvic and orthopaedic)
- Toxicological Emergencies – Common Overdoses
- Toxicological Emergencies – Snake Bite | Spider Bite | Marine Envenomation
- Environmental Emergencies – Heat & Cold Exposure | Barotrauma | Hazardous Environment Emergencies e.g. Confined Space | Carbon Monoxide
Ideally the Paramedic Assessor will also meet the following desirable criteria:
- Post graduate level qualifications in paramedic practice or education / assessment
- Held a role in conducting assessments of paramedics (University tutor, Service based clinical instructor or similar)
- Recent Advanced Life Support course completion and currency
- Experience in FIFO / commercial paramedic operation
- Understanding of the primary health care paramedic role in commercial operations.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the team and meet the above criteria, please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing the key recruitment criteria.Apply now for CASUAL Paramedic Assessor Health Care Paramedical Role