Ambulance Transport Services Officer
St John Ambulance in Western Australia is an advanced community organization, caring for people across two and a half million square kilometers, the largest area in the world covered by a single ambulance service. Each year they attend to over 300,000 people across the state and teach over 310,000 people first aid skills.
A job to be proud of:
This 12 month maternity leave contract will see you join the St John Ambulance WA team where they offer a varied Patient Transfer Service with specialized staff and volunteers that place an emphasis on customer care and service. They offer a quality and competitive service responding to pre-booked and on demand calls.
They work in the public and private sectors, in partnership with local hospitals, medical centers and care facilities, as well as the general public.
The Community Transport Services Administration Officer is responsible for liaising with consumers, family members, service providers and carers. The role is pivotal in organizing transportation for our valued clients to and from various locations within a specific time-frame. Reporting to the Senior Management Team on operational matters this role will also involve call taking, transport scheduling and administration duties as required.
What you’ll do:
- Receive and progress incoming Community Transport bookings and answer general inquiries with a customer service focus
- Ensure booking details are recorded and processed correctly, negotiate bookings with customers to maximize efficiencies
- Provide a high level of professional, customer service at all times
- Actively contribute to the effective operation of the Community Transport Service by leading and developing positive, collaborative working relationships
- Undertake administration and coordination activities, which include assisting with the development and maintenance of scheduling tools, communication devises and project documentation.
- Develop a strong understanding of the bookings, marking up and dispatching of all Community Services vehicles
What you’ll need:
- Experience in scheduling and/or rostering is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Patient or Community Transport functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritize tasks whilst working to strict or conflicting time frames
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- The ability to adapt to varying situations in order to get the best outcome
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in developing and reviewing systems to ensure responsiveness to new and emerging business requirements
What’s in it for you?
- Salary packaging
- Health and Well-being Benefit
- 17.5% Leave Loading
Please select ‘Apply Now”. Applications must include a resume and cover letter outlining your motivations and suitability for the role.Apply now for Community Transport Services Administration Officer WA -->