Emergency Response Coordinator
ISS First Response is a leading national Transport Emergency Response service provider, currently seeking “On Call” Emergency Response Coordinators (ERC’s) in the Kalgoorlie / Boulder region of Western Australia.
Currently they have more than 60 ERC’s nationally, and offer contractors a Monthly Retainer, Call Out Fees and Hourly Rates. They also provide required Assessment and Safety Procedures, Manuals, PPE and Training.
The role of the ISS Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) is to represent there clients and manage their people, asset and cargo interests at incident scenes, our clients include transport, logistics and dangerous goods carriers.
The position is varied in the type of work required and has the full support of 24/7, 365 Call Center and Head Office resources. Their Call Center facilitates the arrangement of contractor services, regulatory reporting and liaison between the incident site and clients. With an extensive national database of services, ISS First Response is at the forefront of incident management.
The type of person required for this role, would ideally be, experienced in Transport Incident Response and would suit former emergency services personnel including; Police, SES and Fire Service members. Applicants with transport or towing experience will also considered.
The primary concerns of our ERC’s are to coordinate incidents:
- to attend emergency incidents and work in conjunction with the ISS call center; to assess incident risks, identify and request the necessary resources to: arrange salvage, security, protection and transportation / disposal of accident affected freight.
- to attend to the needs of injured or distressed drivers (but not administer first aid unless qualified to do so) and to assist emergency service personnel, if requested.
- to maintain contact with all stakeholders including call center, clients, other emergency response personnel and all relevant authorities and to provide verbal and written progress reports on the status of emergency response operations.
- to read, write and accurately articulate & record details of the incident, including photography of incidents & compiling accurate & timely reports.
- be computer competent, with the ability to utilize Microsoft Outlook and Word, upload or transfer photographs and learn in-house applications as required.
- to be aware of cost containment in conducting emergency response exercises
- to assist in ongoing site remediation services, in consultation with the relevant environmental expertise and authorities.
- to keep the ISS call center regularly updated of all developments at an incident for entry into the Incident Log.
As you would expect, the nature of the role demands that it is an ‘on call’ type position.
Applicants must consider themselves flexible, with an energetic, professional and disciplined attitude and be able to promote an inclusive ‘team environment’ for a safe, transparent and professional response.
The successful candidate must have their own reliable vehicle, be physically fit and able to climb under / over obstacles, and to carry / move equipment if required within OH&S / WHS guidelines.
To apply, please do so through Seek link or for more information, please call Anthony Pospisil on 1300 131 001 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgApply now for Emergency Response Coordinator Kalgoorlie WA Response