Emergency Services Officer – FIFO Western Australia
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, minerals processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
About the Role
With a rapidly expanding workforce, they are looking for experienced, dual-qualified Emergency Service Officers with an OHS background to join their operations throughout both the Pilbara and Goldfields regions.
Reporting to the site Senior Safety Advisor, these roles will be responsible for providing comprehensive safety, medical and emergency response services, whilst supporting other safety activities across the mining operations on a day to day basis.
You will also be required to develop and facilitate safety training to staff.
These roles will be working a FIFO 2:1 roster from Perth, with the expectation that both day and night shift rosters may be applicable to assist their mining operations in meeting their operational requirements.
As an experienced paramedic, your duties may include:
- Facilitate and participate in daily safety inspections, and assist the Site Manager with safety audits
- Participate in the management of emergency response facilities, vehicles and equipment, ensuring they are kept to regulation standard
- Conduct ERT and First Aid Training to site staff
- Complete reporting for all HSET incidents and occurrences
- Conduct on-site drug and alcohol testing
- Comply with, and promote, site standards with reference to standards, practices, goals and procedures to HSET
- Develop, implement and facilitate all required training services as requested
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
But above all else, you will have a passion for your field with a positive, can-do attitude and be willing to roll your sleeves up to get the job done!
- Demonstrated experience as a paramedic
- Certificate IV in Health (Ambulance) or a Diploma in Paramedical Science
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessing will be highly regarded, but not essential
- Certificate IV in Workplace Healthy and Safety (desirable)
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to import knowledge, coach and mentor others
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Work for an organization with a first class reputation in camp and food, in the Pilbara and Goldfields region
- Be part of a high performing crew
- Diverse and ‘hands on’ work environment
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this role, apply now for a confidential discussion with Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and they encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal employee referral program.