ESO / Safety Advisor
Seeking Emergency Services Officer / Safety Advisors to join their team on a full time basis. The role, reporting to the Registered Mine Manager, will be for existing and upcoming projects working FIFO 2&1.
The Emergency Services Officer / Safety Advisor will be a key member of the site team, with the focus of the role to support and provide relevant safety, medical coverage, emergency response services and other support activities across the mining operations. The role will encompass day to day safety duties.
- Provide assistance and leadership in developing a zero harm culture through effective values based leadership
- Facilitate and participate in daily safety inspections / audits with the site manager and delegates
- Assist with the management of emergency response facilities, vehicles and equipment
- Conducting regular ERT and First Aid Training
- Appropriate and complete reporting of all HSET incidents and occurrences
- Comply with, and promote the site’s standards, practices, goals and procedures relating to HSET
- Conducting formal Alcohol and Drug testing on site as required
- Improve and maintain relevant site procedures and work practices
- Maintain necessary technical accreditation and develop interpersonal and broader skills
Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an ASX 200 listed, leading Australian based integrated mining services and mining company. The MRL Group is comprised of market leading brands including Crushing Services International (CSI,) PIHA, Process Minerals International (PMI,) Polaris Metals and Mesa Minerals.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar or relevant role
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to import knowledge, coach and mentor others
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Cert IV Workplace Health and Safety (Desirable)
- Cert IV Pre-hospital care/ Diploma Paramedical Science
- Cert IV Workplace Training and Assessing (Desirable)
MRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for positions.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide.
To submit an application for this role, click the Apply button below