Engagement Officer – Emergency Management
Note: This is the type of career which can be developed by working in the health care sector and specialising in emergency management. Diversifying your learning is the key to opening up new opportunities for career development.
- Part Time Permanent Position, 3 days per week
- $82,195 – $85,888 (pro-rata) plus superannuation
- Are you passionate about promoting responsible emergency management practices with the community via education, engagement and consultation? Manningham are looking for an Engagement Officer – Emergency Management to lead the development, implementation, monitoring and review of resilience programs and capacity building activities with our communities.
Manningham offers challenging and rewarding employment opportunities to innovative, passionate, and driven people. They have a positive and friendly working environment and are committed to fostering a customer focused, delivery led culture. They offer there employees a range of benefits including flexible work options, opportunities for career development, health and well being initiatives, and an active Social Club.
The position leads the development, implementation, monitoring and review of resilience programs and capacity building activities with communities within Manningham. The promotion of responsible emergency management practices throughout Manningham’s community via education, engagement and consultation is the key focus of the role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- tertiary qualification in community engagement and/or related discipline, or demonstrated experience in a similar role, is highly desirable.
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of community based emergency management planning and project delivery.
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- experience in the development and delivery of community resilience programs.
- highly developed organizational, time management and written communication skills.
- demonstrated project management skills and ability to meet specified time frames.
- understanding of the role of local government in Emergency Management.
- drivers License valid in Victoria.