Patient Transport Coordinator
Patient transport sample jobs.
Do you want to support amazing people to do incredible things in an effort to beat blood cancer? Do you enjoy developing new ways of working which is focused on providing exceptional service to people who need it the most?
Join the Leukaemia Foundation as they embark on transformation change to deliver greater and more purposeful impact for the benefit of the local community.
Be part of a talented and committed team, taking ownership in a people focused position that will give you a real sense of daily challenge, pride and ownership. They value there people personally as well as professionally.
As Patient Transport Coordinator you’ll be making a significant difference to people in community, working collaboratively with team members to deliver a tailored service to people living with blood cancer and their families.
You’ll have freedom to deliver quality experiences using your judgement and a network of expertise, together with an enabling manager and talented colleagues to support you in giving your best. This is a 6 month fixed term contract to be based out of North Melbourne office.
About the job
- Coordination of all patient transport bookings, including managing incoming calls / query resolution from patients and hospitals regarding transport for treatment and appointment dates
- Day to day administration and coordination of the transport program and volunteers to ensure an effective and efficient service is delivered.
- Ensure State wide scheduling of transport bookings and vehicles is meeting the needs of patients/carers and families.
- Prepare efficient schedules for volunteer drivers for patient pick up and transport to hospitals ensuring a quality service is maintained
- Organize volunteer drivers including ensuring training, induction and adherence to standards and procedures for transport services and support
- Deliver administration activities related to transport services and volunteer co-ordination Assisting senior management with national projects and initiatives (relating to Transport) which contribute to advancing our services and supports our fundraising activities
- Assist the Access and Navigation Team Leader with national projects and initiatives (relating to Transport) which contribute to advancing our services and supports our fundraising activities. All activities in line with LF values and behaviours.
Courses and training for patient transport
What you’ll need
- Minimum two years administration experience (NFP sector advantageous)
- Solid Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel & PowerPoint) and strong Database literacy skills
- Minimum of 12 months Scheduling or Rostering experience utilizing databases
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise across a wide section of the community
- Effective time management skills to organize and priorities tasks to required time frames.
- Strong attention to detail, decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, with a high level of personal initiative
- Energetic and flexible with a positive attitude.
- Current Driver’s License
- Solid geographical knowledge of metropolitan and regional area
- Experience in the co-ordination of volunteers
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Generous salary in addition to salary packaging up to $15,900 and entertainment card up to $2,650
- Flexible working arrangements
- Close to public transport
- A collaborative, innovative and supportive team culture
- Social and well being activities
- Employee Assistance Program
Submit your application via SEEK quoting JOB ID 1810 attaching 1 document only containing both of the items below:Apply now for Patient Transport Coordinator Fixed Term Contract Melbourne VIC -->