Patient Transport Officers
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a new community service
- Work/life balance
- Permanent, full-time position
- Training provided
- Darwin location
CareFlight is an aeromedical not-for-profit organization whose mission is to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community. Established in 1986, CareFlight provides the highest standard of pre-hospital care to there patients. CareFlight’s medical teams use helicopters, turbo-props and jet aircraft to reach patients as quickly as possible.
Their critical care doctors, paramedics and nurses are specially trained in pre-hospital and transport medicine. They care for severely injured people who need emergency treatment at the scene of an accident. They also look after seriously ill people who need to be moved between hospitals or specialist care.
CareFlight will be expanding its provision of patient transport services in the Top End and will operate a fleet of specially equipped patient transport vehicles to move patients between Royal Darwin Hospital and Palmerston Regional Hospital.
They are currently seeking patient transport officers to join Northern Operation based patient transport service team on a full-time basis.
As a key member of the crew, you will work with a team of professionals, be part of a leading aeromedical organization and enjoy a roster that will allow you a life outside of work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- performing patient assessment, intervention and assessing the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with CareFlight policies and procedures, regulations and within prescribed scope of practice
- assisting with the loading / unloading and manoeuvring of patients
- driving patients between various locations
- ensuring patient and transport crew safety and safe systems of work are adhered to
- maintaining vehicle log sheets and related documentation
- undertaking daily vehicle inspections and tending to basic vehicle needs (eg. fuel, fluid levels, tyre pressure, cleaning / washing and submitting for servicing as required)
- demonstrating a strong commitment to safe and courteous driving at all times.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a Cert III in Non-Emergency Patient Transport or Enrolled Nurse;
- experience working in a non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role;
- knowledge of non-emergency patient transfer clinical practice protocols;
- a current unrestricted NT driver’s license with an excellent driving record (documentary evidence of driving history from the Motor Vehicle Registry to be provided with application);
- a current Senior First Aid Certificate;
- well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds;
- the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- the ability to follow instructions and work within standard operating procedures;
- excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions quickly, under pressure; and
- a willingness and ability to undertake minor motor vehicle maintenance.
The following will also be highly regarded:
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
- Sound geographical knowledge of local area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manual handling techniques.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of the team, you can apply by using the link below. For a copy of the full position description please go to https://careflight.org/careers/. Please ensure you submit a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria. Applications for this opportunity will close on 29 June 2018.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a medical assessment and adhere to CareFlight’s Screening and Vaccination Policy.
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.Apply now for Patient Transport Officers Darwin Full-time Position -->