Paramedic/Medic Training & Careers
A Quick Start Guide
Learn about the different types of careers you can develop in the private and State Ambulance sectors. Start off with becoming a Basic Life Support Medic, Event Medic, Patient Transport Officer, Emergency Response First Responder or Pre-hospital Emergency Health Care Specialist. This is the highest level of qualification to specialise in out-of-hospital emergency health care.
To gain the qualifications to become a State Ambulance Paramedic, the APC Diploma of Paramedical Science is the perfect bachelor degree foundation course. This allows graduates to apply for university positions they missed out on because of lower entry scores when leaving school. The Bachelor in Paramedic Science is required if you goal is to become a Paramedic, then advance your education into roles such as Crital Care or Search and Rescue Paramedic.
The following career choices are perfect if you are;
- Curious about how to get a start in the health care sector and need more information
- Currently working and wish to study in your own time and work towards a nationally recognised health care qualification.
- Looking for a rewarding and satisfying career in emergency health care but can’t commit to university just yet.
- Thinking if university studies is the best option to begin working in emergency medicine.
- Looking for an easier entry into the pre-hospital emergency health care sector to discover if this is something you really want to do.
- Ready to take on the responsibility of self-education to help you live a better life in the future.
Learn how to become a Medic in the private sector in around 12-18 months
Let us help you decide which emergency health care career is right for you.
As an Ambulance Paramedic, you’ll join the most respected professions in the world – where saving people’s lives relies on your expert clinical knowledge and decisive action.
Learn how to become an Event Medic and work in your local community at sports and entertainment events.
Earn $50,000 plus in your first year transporting non-critical patients to and from their home, medical centres and hospitals.
Earn the big money in an industry sector (mining, oil, remote) where travel and high salaries are part of the job.