Ambulance Attendants – Patient Transport Officers Job – Paramedic Services Victoria – Melbourne
Paramedic Services Victoria is a licensed Non-Emergency Patient Transport provider based in Metropolitan Melbourne. They are currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified Ambulance Transport Attendants (ATAs), Registered Nurses (RNs) and Patient Transport Officers (PTOs) to join their growing team.
Various positions for Full Time and Casual are available.
Successful ATAs/ PTOs will be required to work a full rotating roster that includes days, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
NOTE: This is an example of the type of job you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring full compliance with organizational policies and procedures
- Acting as the primary carer in the assessment, treatment and transport management of patients
- Performing as part of a team to deliver high-quality treatment in a timely, safe and efficient manner
- Ensuring compliance with patient care documentation requirements
- Adhering to all relevant regulations and clinical practice
- Maintaining currency of qualifications by undertaking training and updates as required
- Maintaining of work areas
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to take a leadership role within the team to ensure high standards of patient care and safety
- Clear communication and good interpersonal skills
- Able to work reasonable additional hours if required
- Physically capable of performing patient transfers
- Minimum Diploma of Paramedical Science (Ambulance) or Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedic) or equivalent for ATAs plus 400 clinical supervision hours.
- Minimum Certificate III Non-Emergency Patient Transport for PTOs
- Bachelor and APHRA registration for RNs
- Full Unrestricted Current Victorian Manual Driver’s licence
- Current Working with Children’s Check (Employment)
- Current National Police Check
- Immunization Status/Serology reports
Paramedic Services Victoria applicants with a minimum of 400 hours of supervised clinical practice experience will be highly regarded.
Recent graduates from Bachelor degrees (Paramedic) are encouraged to apply. Experience in the non-emergency stretcher transport environment provides an invaluable stepping stone for transition to emergency ambulance operations.
If you possess the required skills and experience to meet the challenges of this position please submit a cover letter, resume and relevant academic results using the “Apply” link below. Only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted.APPLY NOW FOR THIS AMBULANCE ATTENDANTS/PATIENT TRANSPORT OFFICERS JOB HERE