Ambulance Transport Attendant Job – Wangaratta
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, NSW and TAS.
NOTE: This is an example of the types of job you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications or are looking to find a pathway into Australian Defense Force jobs as a combat medic. The Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Ambulance Transport Attend Job – The Role:
Ambulance Transport Attendants provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform patient assessment and intervention.
- Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all Flying Doctor MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified as Ambulance Transport Attendant, Ambulance Officer, Ambulance Paramedic or Division 1 Registered Nurse. Please note: recent graduates from the Diploma of Paramedical Science or Bachelor level education must have completed 400 supervised, clinical on-road placements hours to qualify as an ATA and be able to provide log book evidence of hours in accordance with NEPT guidelines. Please follow this link for additional information: https://www.flyingdoctor.org.au/download-document/vic/ata-additional-requirements-vic/
- Hold a current Victorian Driver’s License (mandatory) and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions.
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role desirable but not essential.
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months.
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a Working With Childrens Check for employment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture, offers a flexible working environment and exciting employee benefits. If this sounds like the job for you please click apply to start your application, including your resume and a cover letter.
Royal Flying Doctor Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Please list the qualifications/ certifications you hold:
- Please outline your immunisation status as per the link under “Additional Requirements”:
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
APPLY NOW FOR THIS AMBULANCE TRANSPORT ATTENDANT JOB