Army medic jobs Australian defense force – Apply Now
Army Medic Job Opportunity:
As a Medic in the Australian Defense Force (also known as Medical Technician) perform a vital paramedic service on exercises and deployments, while enjoying:
- a good salary plus generous superannuation
- ongoing investment in your personal and career development
- free medical and dental
- job security and a good work/life balance
- rewarding work and world-class training
- subsidised accommodation
- a supportive team environment
- travel and leave entitlements
- free access to sports and fitness facilities
- friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
NOTE: This is an example of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications or are looking to find a pathway into Australian Defense Force jobs as a combat medic. We encourage you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Your role in this Army medic Australian defense force job
As a Medic (Medical Technician) in the Australian Army you’ll enjoy the job satisfaction of making a real difference to people’s lives. Plus, you’ll get to travel, work with some inspirational people and take part in rewarding activities while deployed on operations.
You can join the Army without medical experience as the training we provide is world-class.
- advanced first aid
- pre-hospital emergency care
- evacuation procedures
- life support, and
- general nursing.
During your training you will be taught to cope calmly and objectively when providing this care in what can sometimes be challenging circumstances with minimal support.
Initially, the main focus will be on developing your ability to provide fast and effective medical support in both operational and non-operational situations. But in time you may be given the opportunity to move into areas such as practice management, health logistics, training and team leadership.
Medic Job Salary:
- Fully-paid trade training
- Once trained, starting package approx. $65,000 p.a. plus superannuation
- Numerous other benefits
- Training in Wagga Wagga NSW and Bonegilla VIC
- Then posting to Brisbane, Darwin or Townsville
- At least 17 years of age
- Australian Citizen
- Year 10 completion with passes in English and Maths