Discover how to become a Paramedic?
Download your FREE school leavers guide
When the time comes to leave school, you’ll start to seriously consider – “what’s next?”
The first thing you need to know is to stop worrying if you struggled with Maths, Science, Biology, Chemistry and Anatomy etc; because from here on in, you’re going to be given a unique opportunity to learn in a fully-supported environment.
If you happen to be academically gifted, then it’s going to be even easier than you think.
Download the Paramedic Careers Guide which has been specially written for school leavers.
- You can start studying to become a paramedic at any time.
- There are no extra, yearly fees when you study with APC.
- You don’t need to go to university just yet – start off by learning as you go. No need to stretch yourself by making big commitments.
- You won’t end up with a big ‘HECS’ debt when you first start out (we’ll talk more about the finance stuff later).
- Studying is not only about learning medical terminology or infection control, it’s about gaining essential life-skills such as social intelligence, how to communicate effectively at all levels, how to work safely, how to follow policy and procedures, understanding workplace protocols and how to apply them… and much much more.
- You will be more confident, assertive, knowledgeable and compassionate – as well as a host of other character traits you never knew you had.
- You’ll gain instant respect from your friends and peers because everyone knows what an important role you play in the community.
See our students at the Clinical Workshops
Qualifications and training
There are 3 qualifications you can study.
- Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport
- Certificate IV in Health Care
- Diploma of Emergency Health Care (formerly Diploma of Paramedical Science)
The final qualification you need to become an Ambulance Paramedic is a Bachelor of Paramedic Science. Although don’t worry about this for now, if you study one of our courses, it will be at least 12 – 24 months before you can apply to study the degree at uni.
What you need to know
- You don’t need an amazing OP/ATAR to study at the college.
- When you graduate from APC with a HLT41120 – Certificate IV in Health Care or HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science (superseded by HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care), it can be used to gain entry into university, especially if your current ATAR is under the threshold.
- You can learn online and speed up the process of qualifying. We also have an APC app that makes studying on a smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android) even easier.
- Studying at the college means you’ll meet other students via our private Facebook group. We have students who regularly help one another, create study groups and even meet up in person. It’s a really big community.
- There’s free weekly online live lectures and webinars to enhance your learning.
- This level of training is perfect to build your knowledge and not feel overwhelmed or anxious about studying paramedical concepts.
- Your clinical education staff are available to help whenever you need it.
- You get loads of support by phone and via the student success team.
- You can enrol in one course at a time and see how you go.
- You can fund your course by paying a deposit and small weekly payments after that. (VET Student loans are not available)
- There’s no HECS debt to worry about when studying with the college. (HECS is for university education only)
- APC qualifications are Nationally Recognised and are highly regarded overseas too. You can even use a Diploma of Paramedical Science to apply to the London Ambulance Service to become a registered UK Ambulance Paramedic.
- By studying qualifications online, after about 10 months, you can work and earn money in the private sector as a medic, first responder in the community.
What are you waiting for? Go create your future on your own terms. Download that eBook first – it’s packed with great information and it will make things al lot clearer for you.