Ambulance Transport Attendant (Casual)
Casual Ambulance Transport Attendant Australia
St John Ambulance Australia (VIC) has served the Victorian community for over 130 years. Their mission is to increase the level of lifesaving first aid skills within the community and save lives throughout the state. Their commercial activities fund all of community programs such as the First Aid in Schools program whereby St John has trained 500,000 primary school children (200,000 this year) at no cost to schools in Victoria and over 1 million nationally.
Due to an increase in work, they are currently seeking casual Ambulance Transport Attendants for the care and transport of low, medium, high and complex non-emergency patient transport.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, ATA’s will be engaged in the care, direction and transport of low and medium acuity non-emergency patients in accordance with the SJAPT Quality System and Non-emergency Patient Transport Regulations & Clinical Practice Protocols 2016.
Successful ATA’s will be required to work on a rotational roster basis operating on a variety of shift types including but not restricted to, Ambulance Victoria (AV) shifts, Hospital Based Vehicle (HBV) shifts, AV Complex Patient Transport Vehicle (CPAV) shifts and Ad Hoc shifts.
Essential experience and attributes (Selection Criteria):
- Previous experience as an Ambulance Transport Attendant in the NEPT Industry
- Ability to take a leadership role within the team to ensure high standards of patient care and safety
- A proven ability to resolve issues that may result in patient transport delays
- Ability to work a rotational roster that includes weekends and public holidays
- Effective communication skills when dealing with stakeholders, patients, allied healthcare professionals and/or SJAPT personnel; and
- Able to work reasonable additional hours if required.
Essential qualifications, memberships and licences:
- Minimum Diploma of Paramedical Science (Ambulance) or equivalent, Registered Nurse Division 1 with appropriate Ambulance Bridging Course;
- Possess a Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and safe driving record;
- Ability, or willingness, to obtain and maintain a Current Working with Children’s Check; and
- Ability, or willingness, to obtain a clear Current Police Check.
St John offers a myriad of benefits including career growth, salary packaging options, free breakfast and fruit, staff social club, coffee machines, and staff excellence awards.
Note: Applications without a cover letter & Completed Screening questionnaire will not be accepted.
St John Ambulance Victoria are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as an organisation that regularly works with children, St John believes that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times.
Should you have the desire to join a dynamic and progressive organisation apply now by attaching your CV and cover letter addressing the above Selection Criteria.Apply now for Casual Ambulance Transport Attendant - Australia