HLT31115 – Certificate III in Non-Emergency Patient Transport
In your role as a transport officer, you will be working alongside a variety of health and government agencies. Therefore, being skilled at how to communicate and work effectively within the healthcare environment is essential.
You also have a responsibility to work within a legal and ethical framework; as well as having the confidence to communicate in complex situations to support positive health care outcomes for your patient(s).Click here to apply to study the Certificate III
You’ll study the following units of competency, which make up the HLT31115 – Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport qualification.
No matter where you live in Australia, employers and industry recognise your competence and skill to carry out the tasks of a Patient Transport Officer.
Number of units to complete: 13
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTAMB001||Follow procedures for routine safe removal of patient|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|HLTAMB014||Transport Non-Emergency Patients under Operational Conditions|
|HLTAID003||(HLTAID011) Provide First Aid|
|HLTWHS002||Follow Safe Work Practices for Direct Client Care|
|HLTAMB011||Manage a routine non-emergency scene|
|HLTAID014||Provide Advanced First Aid|
|HLTAID015||Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy|
|Clinical Workshop 3 Days|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and Ethically|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
The HLT31115 – Certificate III in Non-Emergency Patient Transport qualification will teach you:
- How to safely transport non-emergency patients under operational conditions
- How to follow procedures and manage non-emergency scenes
- How to interpret and utilise medical information and terminology correctly
- How to work legally and ethically, inclusive of supporting diversity
- How to develop trust and confidence with your patient
- Safe manual Handling techniques
- Basic through to advanced First Aid techniques and patient assessment
- How to communicate within a health care environment
- Understanding the importance of workplace health and safety
This is the perfect entry-level qualification to get you started in a rewarding health care career; opening up many opportunities for employment within your local community.
Apply nowClick here to apply to study the Certificate III
- Your application to study and interview records reviewed by selection panel.
- If successful, a formal offer will be made to study at the college
- Student acceptance
- Confirmation of enrolment