Chaplain (Volunteer NSW Ambulance)
Chaplains may help employees, volunteers, patients and bystanders to access other faith based pastoral care or welfare services in the wider community should that be requested. Chaplains also provide representation at baptisms, weddings, funerals and other ceremonies or religious services where a chaplain may be required or requested.
- Gosford and Central Coast Region
- Hunter Region (Port Stephens through to Gloucester)
- Port Macquarie Region
- New England Region (Armidale through to Tenterfield)
- Tamworth Region
- Walgett, Brewarrina or Bourke Shires
- Dubbo Region
- Mid-Western Regional LGA or the Dunedoo/Coolah area
- Parkes/Cowra/Forbes Region
- Wagga Wagga Region
- South Coast
- Nowra/Ulladulla Region
- Southern Highlands Region
- Queanbeyan and Perisher Region
- Wollongong Region
- Parramatta Region
- Campbelltown Region
- North Sydney
- Badgerys Creek/Western Sydney Region
Additional requirements of this role:
- Computer literacy with the ability to learn and operate online reporting and rostering software, and communication devices.
- Availability to attend Induction training and orientation at NSW Ambulance Headquarters in Rozelle, Sydney.
- Valid drivers license and assess to vehicle for traveling
- A Working with Children Check clearance number is required prior to your appointment to the role.
- Chaplains are not paid for their honorary role with NSW Ambulance; however travel expenses, phone calls and other costs associated with the duties of a chaplain will be reimbursed following the presentation of appropriate documentation and in liaison with the Senior Chaplain.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory conduct and services check, which includes referee/supervisor check, a review of National Criminal Record Check and review of Service Check Register.
- Chaplains are provided with NSW Ambulance uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a reflective vest and a hardhat (labelled Chaplain), which are consistent with the responsibilities of the role.
- To allow the chaplain to carry out their duties safely and efficiently, they are also provided with an ID card, portable radio, mobile phone (if required).
- NSW Ambulance will also provide suitable induction training and orientation to the chaplain and may provide access to ongoing training opportunities and professional development.
- Applicants must address the pre-screening questions, selection criteria, attaching any associated documents together with their resume.
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies.
- It is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online via the RoB system. No paper based or email applications will be accepted.
It is the responsibility of all staff to report and respond appropriately to any instances or perceptions of bullying. Managers are required to implement actions that either prevent or minimize the risk of unacceptable behaviours, ensuring unacceptable behaviours such as bullying, harassment and victimization are identified as early as possible and responded to and effectively managed.
- Relevant theological qualifications or equivalent, and experience in providing pastoral care within a religious framework.
- Experience in dealing with stressful, critical or traumatic incidents, and in providing support to people who have experienced traumatic events or health emergencies.
- Ability to think clearly and logically, and to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to act with a high degree of integrity, and to provide non-judgemental and confidential support.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-denominational, multi-faith team, and to work individually with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated resilience and self-care practices, and the ability to manage competing time demands and responsibilities.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.Apply now for Chaplain Volunteer Ambulance Service Sydney NSW