Clinical Governance & Patient Safety Officer
Clinical Governance & Paramedics Patient Safety Officer Darwin
They require a professional and dynamic Clinical Governance & Patient Safety Officer. You will coordinate and actively participate in the development, co-ordination, implementation and evaluation of clinical governance systems and processes including patient safety strategies that support the high quality clinical care.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Delivery of approved training and continuing education programs and on road support to staff.
- Provide advice and education for safety assessments on the system-based causes for medical error, and communicate evidence-based ideas regarding effective patient safety strategies.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of process improvements that will support the reduction of health care errors and other adverse patient outcomes.
- Maintain a surveillance and monitoring system to ensure patient safety and quality meet the requirements of the Clinical Quality & Governance Committee.
To be successful in this role, they are looking for a dynamic, critically thinking professional. In addition, you will be proactive, solutions focused, self-motivated team player and have the ability to develop functioning workplace relationships. Ideally, the successful applicant will have:
- Be qualified and practicing as an Intensive Care Paramedic and have an AtP from a CAA recognized ambulance service is desirable.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of clinical governance, patient safety and clinical quality improvement, including incident management processes.
Active in Australia for over 130 years, St John Ambulance Australia is a self-funding, charitable organization active in all States and Territories, dedicated to helping people in sickness, distress, suffering or danger. Providing services to a broad scope of the community, St John Ambulance Australia is the country’s leading supplier of first aid products, services and training. Each year they deliver 1.2 million hours of voluntary community service, train 500,000 people and treat 100,000 people in Australia at public events annually.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you have the skills and experience to take on this challenging yet rewarding role, please send your application.Apply now forClinical Governance & Patient Safety Officer