Emergency Management Officer Job – Perth
Join one of Australia’s leading professional services companies. Work with a company that provides customers with a wide range of consulting and advisory services, and deep technical expertise across multiple projects.
The company currently has an opportunity for an Emergency Services Officer to work on site on a FIFO basis out of Perth on a 2/1 roster, the initial contract will be for 12 months with a possibility of extension.
NOTE: Emergency Management Officer Jobs in Perth, Western Australia. This Emergency Management Officer Job is an example of the type of career you can have when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications such as the HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care. The Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your inquiries
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Certificate IV in Health Care (Ambulance)
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- Undertake road accident rescue
- Undertake confined space rescue
- Undertake vertical rescue
- Urban fire
- Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident
- Operate pumps
- Drive vehicles under operational conditions
- Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- Monitor hazardous atmospheres
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Collector
- Diploma or Batchelor of Paramedical Science
- Incident Command
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage Critical Risk Services (CRM) within the project site emergency services
- Liaise with project contractors to ensure that adequate contractor personnel resources are available to support
- Project emergency services teams
- Manage all subordinate emergency personnel within the project. Ensure they are competent to perform their designated responsibilities and provide advice and assistance to them as required
- Coordinate with Project Paramedics.
- Lead emergency and routine fire and rescue duties.
- Ensure Emergency Response Team skills maintenance training is carried out according to plan and meets any specific local requirements.
- Coordinate project training needs and Engage external training providers to conduct relevant skills training for emergency response teams
- Ensure all Emergency Services equipment is maintained, serviced and calibrated to the relevant standards.
- Coordinate the operation of project emergency vehicles in accordance with Rio Tinto procedures and applicable state regulations.
- Coordinate the servicing and maintenance of medical, fire and rescue assets.
- Conduct mayday, alarm and communication checks.
- Coordinate training, mentor and actively recruit Emergency Response Team (ERT) members for their respective work scopes.
- Respond to emergency scenarios and conduct routine maintenance as per the site plan.
- Manage site emergency incidents as Emergency Response Team Lead in conjunction with project site Incident Management Team.
- Regularly inspect and report on fire breaks, perimeter security, firefighting equipment, first aid and emergency equipment (including radio communication).
- Assist in delivering annual BRT training, desktops and scenarios.
- Coordinate project emergency drills
- Carry out shift recording and administrative tasks as required.
- Complete task and project work as directed by the Project Safety Manager and Project Construction Manager
APPLY NOW FOR THIS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT OFFICER JOB HERE