Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD)
Emergency Medical Dispatcher Ambulance Service Queensland
- Salary sacrifice benefits – applies to motor vehicles, mortgage payments and more!
- Fast-paced, front line Ambulance Operation Center environment
- Up to 9 weeks leave per year
- On the job training provided (Complete a Certificate III and IV in Ambulance Communications within 12 months of commencing Employment).
Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) provides ambulance services to the public, health institutions, community and sporting groups, businesses, medical research bodies and other Government agencies.
The Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) is an operational role within the QAS that works collaboratively with the Operation Centre team, the broader QAS organisation and other health care and emergency services.
The QAS is now recruiting for future EMDs who will receive emergency calls, provide essential pre-arrival advice, and to coordinate and dispatch QAS resources and patient transport movements for the Queensland community.
Successful applicants should have superior communication skills and the ability to manage extreme situations with calmness and leadership. Successful applicants must have the ability to type 40wpm with 95% accuracy. Although call centre/emergency services and/or community services experience is preferred, it is not essential to perform in the role, as on the job training is provided.
For more information on the Emergency Medical Dispatcher role, the recruitment process and to apply for the position, please refer to www.ambulance.qld.gov.au and download the following documents:
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher Role Description; and
- EMD Applicant Information Kit.
Please submit your application via the QAS website, www.ambulance.qld.gov.au. Applications submitted via Seek will not be accepted.Apply now for Emergency Medical Dispatcher Ambulance Service Queensland