Emergency Services and Safety Officer Job – NSR Ltd – Kalgoorlie
Northern Star Resources Limited is a global-scale ASX 100 gold production and exploration company with a Mineral Resource base of 20.5 million ounces and Ore Reserves of 4 million ounces located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Western Australia, Northern Territory and North America. This large inventory means it now has 10 years of mine life visibility ensuring Northern Star has a long future based on its Tier-1 operations of Kalgoorlie, Jundee and Alaska.
They are currently looking for a motivated, passionate and driven individual to join the Northern Star team.
- Benefits of a residential lifestyle in Kalgoorlie
- Dynamic and energetic company
- Career development opportunities
NOTE: This is an example of the type of job you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Northern Star currently has an opportunity for an Emergency Services/Safety Officer to join their team in Kalgoorlie on an 8:6 roster.
The Emergency Services/Safety Officer reports to the OHS Superintendent. The primary role is to assist in maintaining safety/health management systems across the Kalgoorlie operations with particular focus on Emergency Services.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to join a growing company where you can utilize your previous skills and experience.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ensure to act in accordance with the occupational health and safety management system requisites of the Company.
- Undertake safety officer duties across the operations.
- Maintain and undertake regular maintenance and servicing of safety/emergency response equipment.
- Maintain and develop training schedules for the Emergency Response Team.
- Develop and facilitate weekly Emergency Response Team training.
- First Responder for Injury/Incident Management, including acting in an afterhours “On Call” capacity.
- Maintain readiness of site First Aid Rooms and Ambulances.
- Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety awareness.
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures to ensure work is carried out in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Communicate changes to systems, processes and procedures to ensure clear understanding.
- Undertake regular inspection of work areas/equipment to ensure safe operations.
- Participation/Facilitation of Incident Investigations and Risk Assessments.
- Certificate IV Health Care Ambulance
- Certificate III Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Current “HR” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.(or ability to obtain)
Skills and Experience:
- 3 years experience in a mechanize hard-rock underground mine environment
- Experience in incident investigation and reporting
- Working knowledge of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Familiarity with INX modules such as InTuition, InFlight, InControl
- Effective delivery of training materials
- Auditing or inspecting experience
- Good skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of effective communication, written and verbal
- Strong record keeping and presentation skills.
Joining Northern Star’s Family
Northern Star offers fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits. Northern Star strives for workplace excellence and actively supports and contributes to local communities
To apply for this opportunity, simply click the apply button.APPLY NOW FOR THIS EMERGENCY SERVICES AND SAFETY OFFICER JOB HERE