Emergency Services Officer Job – ERT Group – Hunter Valley NSW
About the role
ERT Group is seeking multiple qualified casual Fire & Rescue Emergency Response Personnel who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and suitably qualified to utilise your experience to contribute positively to the health and safety of all personnel on site.
NOTE: This is an example of the type of job you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Benefits and perks
ERT Group promotes professional development in all staff and as such, you will be offered a number of opportunities to grow and develop.
Skills and experience – Qualifications Required:
- Current National Criminal History Record Check (National Police Check)
- Current TAE40116 Cert IV Training and Assessment or TAE40110 Cert IV in Training & Assessment, plus TAELLN4014/411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills and TAEASS502/502A/502B Design and Develop Assessment Tool or a Diploma or higher level qualification in adult education (by 31st March 2019)
- Certificate III Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
- Confined Space Skill Set
- PUASAR025A Undertake Confined Space Rescue
- MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus (Confined Space)
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights (Rescue from Heights an advantage)
- MSMPER300 Issue Work Permits
- Current Order 43 Coal Services Board Medical (or willingness to obtain one if successful)
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Trauma care
- Paramedic Qualifications (Diploma an advantage)
- HLTSS00027 Occupational Skill Set
- PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management
- HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation
- PUAWER005B Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation (Fire Warden)
- ERT experience an advantage
- Have own car and driver’s license
- Be a presentable, motivated, hardworking and bubbly individual
- Be honest, reliable and have excellent manners
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to communicate well in English with fellow work colleagues and be a team player
- Be dedicated and punctual
- Assist and stabilize workers who have sustained significant injuries or trauma
- Assist personnel with health emergencies including heart attack
- Assist in the treatment of significant injuries caused by falls, crush, plant/vehicle interaction
- Work at heights event (inc rescue)
- Be the first respondent to emergencies
- Conduct emergency response drills
- Conduct Random Drug & Alcohol testing as required
- Assist project team with Rehabilitation and return to work plans
- Potentially deliver in house training/toolbox talks
- Deliver First Aid Training and possibly Inductions
- Undertake concierge duties e.g Gatehouse, issue permits, carry out onsite fire and safety equipment inspections – including Fire Extinguisher testing and tagging
- Transporting casualties on-site
ERT Group is a professional Fire & Rescue Service committed to providing Emergency Response Services to their clients Australia wide. Their company provides specialized emergency response personnel to their clients for long term and short term projects. Their professional and highly qualified Emergency Response Teams include standby teams, casual, temporary and permanent. ERT Group head office is located in Tamworth, NSW with offices in Boggabri and Muswellbrook.
The ideal candidate will have the experience, aptitude and determination to maintain and improve their current level of service.
You will have demonstrated the ability to work effectively as a team member and possess a high level of physical and mental fitness.
This role will be based in the Hunter Valley NSW.
When applying, you must also send through the following with your application:
- Cover letter & CV (Resume)
- Scanned copies of your qualifications (e.g first aid, firefighting, rescue and any other qualifications, certificates & competencies
- Copies of references