Emergency Services Officer Job – Fortescue Metals Group – Perth
Emergency Services Officer – About the Job
Reporting to the Emergency Services Supervisor at Solomon, Emergency Services Officers are response team members for all emergency incidents on site, and they are to assist with the day to day running of the emergency services, medical, and security team. Emergency Services Officers are also to ensure that site based and corporate policies, procedures and plans in relation to emergency management, security management, and medical management are complied with at all times.
This is a full-time position on a 7 days / 7 nights / 7 off roster FIFO ex Perth.
NOTE: Emergency Services Officer Jobs in Perth, Western Australia. This Emergency Services Officer Job is an example of the type of career you can have when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications such as the HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care. The Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your enquiries.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response & Rescue or Certificate III in Public Safety (Fire Fighting and Emergency Operations)
- Including as a minimum Rope rescue, Road Crash Rescue, Firefighting, Confined Space rescue, Breathing Apparatus (Open Circuit), Hazchem
- Introduction to AIIMS (Australasian Inter-agency Incident Management System), (desirable)
- Certificate II in Security Operations (Desirable)
- Western Australian “HR” Drivers License
- National Police Clearance
- Operate and maintain 4WD
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Desirable)
- Certificate IV in WHS (Desirable)
- Cert IV in Health Care (Ambulance) or above
- Previous experience in the mining and resource sector
- Previous experience in emergency response
- Previous experience in incident control/incident management
- Presentation, organizational and communication skills
- Microsoft Office applications skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a professional attitude, ability to analyse and problem solve, and a willingness to work in a team environment
Key accountabilities will include:
- Respond to on-site emergencies and maintain a state of operational readiness.
- To provide leadership and training services for the emergency response volunteer team (ERT) and other site departments in emergency management practices.
- Equipment preparedness including compliance inspections and reporting.
- Conduct of site fitness for work requirements in accordance with site and company alcohol and other drugs (AOD) policies.
- Plan, co-ordinate, and participate in site emergency drills.
- To assist in the provision of site security services
- To provide medical services and ensure medical facilities are maintained in an operationally ready status.
- Maintain a level of fitness required to perform the job role as dictated by the company.
Their values drive their culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. They celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.