Emergency Services Officer Job – MMG – QLD
MMG Limited is a publicly-listed global base metal mining company recognised as a leading producer of copper and zinc. As an international business, MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. They recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of their company and the communities in which they operate.
NOTE : This Emergency Services Officer job is an example of the type of job you can obtain when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. The Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Remuneration for the role includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus.
On a day to day basis you will be involved in:
- Supporting implementation of the Dugald River Emergency Response Management Pan, Response Procedure and supporting material;
- Preparation of and delivery of training programmes to support the acquisition and maintenance of rescue qualifications of emergency response team members;
- Maintaining emergency equipment condition and operability in accordance with OEM specifications;
- Implementing and maintaining fire and evacuation plans and support delivery of respective training of site personnel;
- Monitoring, operating, inspecting and coordinating maintenance of site emergency response systems including but not limited to fire systems, underground rescue chambers, lightning warning systems and alert/evacuation systems;
- Supporting implementation of the Dugald River Emergency Management Team (EMT) Annual Exercise Schedule and maintenance of EMT skills and response preparedness; and,
- Supporting delivery of health and safety, and environmental monitoring programmes.
As successful candidate you will have an unwavering commitment to workplace safety with a strong background and experience in a similar role in a government fire service, mining, construction or industrial environment. Sound knowledge of Queensland safety, health, security and emergency response related legislation will be advantageous.
Desirable qualifications to further your success include:
- Certificate III Mine Rescue with metaliferous underground search and rescue;
- Certificate II Security;
- Certificate IV Health Care;
- Certification IV Workplace Training and Assessment;
- Current manual heavy rigid drivers licence; and,
- Drug and alcohol testing qualification (National Certificate).
This role is available on an 8/6 roster. MMG is supportive of their local communities and region. The role is available on a drive in drive out basis (DIDO) from the Cloncurry or Mount Isa Districts or FIFO from Townsville. Kalkadoon applicants are encouraged to apply.
On-site accommodation at Dugald River is fully air-conditioned en-suite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning. The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting, brand new swimming pool and gym facilities.
MMG’s Dugald River Mine, is a world-class zinc-lead-silver deposit located in north-west Queensland. We now have an opportunity for two high calibre Emergency Service Officers to join our team. Reporting to the SHEC Superintendent, you will deliver emergency preparedness, emergency response and emergency management activities focusing on delivery of the Dugald River Emergency Management Plan and Emergency Response Procedure, while also supporting health and safety at the Dugald River Mine operation.APPLY NOW FOR THIS EMERGENCY SERVICES OFFICER JOB HERE