Emergency Services Officer Job – Red 5 Limited – Perth
Red 5 Limited is currently seeking an Emergency Services Officer to join their OHS Department primarily working at their King of the Hills Gold Mine. This role is offered on an 8 days on, 6 days off roster and is FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Superintendent OHS, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of company operational and commercial targets in a safe, productive and efficient manner by providing Emergency, medical and health services to site.
NOTE: Emergency Services Officer Jobs in Perth, Western Australia. This Emergency Services Officer Job is an example of the type of career you can have when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications such as the HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care. The Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your enquiries.
Key factors to your success include:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in the underground mining environment with mine rescue, emergency response, and site medic responsibilities
- Experience in the delivery of training
- Experience leading an Emergency Response Team
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency and Rescue
- Certificate IV in Health Care
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment
- MR/HR driver’s license
- Drug and Alcohol Testing (Nationally Accredited Training)
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated recent competence in closed circuit breathing apparatus, open circuit breathing apparatus, fire suppression, Hazmat, rope rescue and vehicle extrication
- National Police Check (valid within the last 12 months)
- Valid WA “C” Driver’s License
- Previous experience, in mineral processing environments – preferably gold;
- Non-work related and work-related illness and injury management;
- Diploma of Paramedical Science would be highly regarded;
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Office applications;
- Cert IV OHS; and
- Incident Investigation
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provision of medical services to maintain the health of employees, contractors and visitors in the event of an incident/accident and protect against further injury and/or loss;
- Maintaining all emergency equipment in a state of readiness;
- Providing ongoing training to Emergency Response Team including regular practice emergency scenarios;
- Ensuring the Incident Management Team are fully briefed and aware of their responsibilities & duties with respect to incident management;
- Monitoring and responding to emergency calls and initial incident reports, mobilizing assistance as required and coordinating the ERT at the incident;
- Assist with coordination of site entry requirements including approval of pre-employment medicals;
- Participation in workplace inspections and auditing;
- Conducting, as directed, Drug & Alcohol testing; and
- Coordination and facilitation of RTW for injured workers;
- Other duties as directed by OHS Superintendent or delegate.
Get your FREE personalised Career development Plan here
Red 5 Limited offers a competitive salary package, including 10% superannuation, health allowance, salary continuance and life insurance. You will also be eligible for their quarterly bonus scheme.
Red 5 Limited is an ASX listed international gold mining company with a new focus on the Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia, where it has recently embarked on an acquisition and consolidation strategy.
The combined acquisitions of Darlot and King of the Hills Gold Mines provide an extensive strategic footprint in the Leonora – Leinster mineral district of Western Australia and the ability to leverage this position by pursuing a regional consolidation strategy aimed at establishing the Darlot mill as a central processing hub.
How to apply
APPLY NOW FOR THIS EMERGENCY SERVICES OFFICER JOB