Reporting to the Emergency Services Supervisor, you will be a part of the response team for all emergency incidents on site. You will be responsible with assisting the day-to-day running of the emergency services, medical and security team. The Emergency Services Officers (ESOs) are also accountable for ensuring that site and corporate policies, procedures and plans are in compliance with emergency, security and medical management at all times.
Work Locations: Multiple vacancies across their Solomon, Christmas Creek and Cloudbreak sites.
Point of Hire: FIFO ex Perth
Roster: 8 days / 6 off / 7 nights / 7 off
Key accountabilities will include:
- Respond to onsite emergencies and maintain a state of operational readiness.
- To provide leadership and training services for the emergency response volunteer group and other site departments in emergency management practices.
- Equipment preparedness including compliance inspections and reporting.
- Conduct of site fitness for work requirements in accordance with site and company alcohol and other drugs (AOD) policies.
- Plan, co-ordinate, and participate in site emergency drills.
- To assist in the provision of site security services
- To provide medical services and ensure medical facilities are maintained in an operationally ready status.
- Maintain a level of fitness required to perform the job role as dictated by the company.
Qualifications required for *Emergency Services Officer Jobs Perth:
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response & Rescue or Certificate III in Public Safety (Fire Fighting and Emergency Operations)
- Including as a minimum Rope rescue, Road Crash Rescue, Firefighting, Confined Space rescue, Breathing Apparatus (Open Circuit), Hazchem
- Introduction to AIIMS (Australasian Inter-agency Incident Management System), (desirable)
- Certificate II in Security Operations (Desirable)
- Western Australian “HR” Drivers License
- National Police Clearance
- Operate and maintain 4WD (Desirable)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Desirable)
- Certificate IV in WHS (Desirable)
- Cert IV in Health Care (Ambulance) or above
- Experience in the mining and resource sector
- Previous experience in emergency response
- Previous experience in incident control/incident management
- Presentation, organisational and communication skills
- Microsoft office applications skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a professional attitude, ability to analyse and problem solve, and a willingness to work in a team environment
About the Company:
Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
[button open_new_tab=”true” color=”accent-color” hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”jumbo” rel=”canonical” rel=”nofollow” url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/39719975?searchrequesttoken=4f711f37-17cb-4d97-a4b4-b4a4478a234d&type=standout” text=”APPLY & SEE MORE DETAILS ON THIS REGISTERED PARAMEDIC JOB” color_override=””]