Emergency Services and Safety Officer
Northern Star Resources Limited is a global-scale ASX 100 gold production and exploration company with a Mineral Resource base of 10.2 million ounces and Ore Reserves of 3.5 million ounces located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
This large inventory means it now has 10 years of mine life visibility ensuring Northern Star has a long future based on its Tier-1 operations of Kalgoorlie and Jundee.
They are currently looking for a motivated, passionate and driven individual to join the Northern Star team.
- Benefits of a residential lifestyle in Kalgoorlie
- Dynamic and energetic company
- Career development opportunities
Emergency Services Safety Officer Senior Safety Advisor Kalgoorlie WA
Northern Star currently has an opportunity for an Emergency Services/Safety Officer to join there team in Kalgoorlie on an 8:6 roster at Kanowna Belle Operation.
The Emergency Services/Safety Officer reports to the Senior Safety Advisor. The primary role is to assist in maintaining safety/health management systems across the Kalgoorlie operations with particular focus on Emergency Services.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to join a growing company where you can utilize your previous skills and experience.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ensure to act in accordance with the occupational health and safety management system requisites of the Company.
- Maintain and undertake regular maintenance and servicing of safety/emergency response equipment.
- Maintain and develop training schedules for Emergency Response Team.
- First Responder for Injury/Incident Management, including acting in an after hours “On Call” capacity.
- Maintain readiness of site First Aid Rooms and Ambulances.
- Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety awareness.
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures to ensure work is carried out in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Communicate changes to systems, processes and procedures to ensure clear understanding.
- Undertake regular inspection of work areas/equipment to ensure safe operations.
- Participation/Facilitation of Incident Investigations and Risk Assessments.
- As required, act in and on call requirement for site.
- Certificate III Mine Emergency Response and Rescue (or working towards)
- Certificate II Emergency Medical Service First Response
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers License.
Skills and Experience:
- Certificate IV Health Care
- 3 years experience in a mechanize hard-rock underground mine environment
- Experience in incident investigation and reporting
- Working knowledge of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Familiarity with INX modules such as In Tuition, In Flight, In Control
- Effective delivery of training materials
- Auditing or inspecting experience
- Good skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of effective communication, written and verbal
- Strong record keeping and presentation skills.
Joining Northern Star’s Family
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
To apply for this opportunity, simply click the apply button.
Northern Star strives for workplace excellence and actively supports and contributes to local communities (https://www.nsrltd.com/sustainability/community/) in which operate. They encourage workplace diversity. Female and Indigenous and Torres Strait Islanders applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.Apply now for Emergency Services Safety Officer Senior Safety Advisor Kalgoorlie WA