ESO Mining Jobs Goldfields
Gold Fields Australia is seeking an Emergency Services Officer (ESO) to join their Sustainable Development Department at St Ives Gold Mine. Reporting to the Superintendent: Emergency Services and Security, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of company operational and commercial targets in a safe, productive & efficient manner by delivering a comprehensive emergency response and security service to site.
This role is offered on a 4 days on, 4 nights on, 4 days off roster and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times.
- Secure the future of the company by diligently assisting in the protection of its assets in the application of a variety of security practices including assisting in the identification and research of suitable technologies.
- Build individual and workforce capability by actively participating in the delivery of appropriate emergency response and security training to ensure optimal competency levels are attained and maintained by the team.
- Supervise, coordinate and deliver a qualified emergency response service by partaking in training & real life accident/emergency situations leading incidents and delegating instructions to less experienced personnel.
- Contribute to organisational effectiveness through the coordination, preparation and training of the mine’s emergency response team (ERT), volunteers and local community groups.
- Ensure organisational maturation and continuous improvement through the development, review and subsequent implementation of procedures inclusive of training personnel to ensure full understanding and compliance.
- Assist in the delivery of a comprehensive security service by conducting investigations, taking witness statements, preparing reports and giving evidence whilst ensuring confidentiality of information and protecting business interests.
- Development and maintenance of appropriate accurate information systems that capture relevant emergency response activity capable of identifying key performance indicators and trends.
- Assist the site Paramedic with management of injuries.
Key factors to your success include:
- Valid MR/HR driver’s Licence
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment and Certificate II in Security Operations
- Certificate IV in Health Care (HLT41115) qualification and Authorised FFW Tester
- Competence in all aspects of mine site Emergency Response including but not limited to Closed Circuit Regenerative Breathing Apparatus, Open Circuit Breathing Apparatus, Fire suppression, Hazmat, Rope Rescue, Vehicle extrication, Confined space Rescue, Road Crash Rescue
- Experience in either Policing, Armed Services, Fire & Rescue, Ambulance or similar Emergency Service and/or extensive experience in Underground Mine Rescue
- Development & delivery of Emergency Response and Security training