ESO Paramedic Jobs Pilbara
Choosing a career in emergency health offer so many options in terms of the type of work you can do. Take the ESO career for instance. This is a popular career choice for those who don’t want to pursue a university pathway to become an Ambulance Paramedic. Degrees can mean 3 years extra study as well as deciding if spending extra money on education is really worth it, especially when asking the question, “how much does a Bachelor of Paramedic Science degree really cost?” The HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science is rapidly becoming the new standard for mining ESO careers.
ConsMin are recruiting for an experienced Medic/Emergency Services Officer within their HST Team at our Woodie Operation, situated 407kms south – east of Port Hedland in the Pilbara. If you’ve got your HLT41115 – Cert IV Healthcare Ambulance be sure to send over a resume!
Reporting to the Senior HST advisor, the successful applicants will be required to:
- Daily running of the Medical Facility e.g., treating and managing patients, maintaining medical supplies and consumables, maintaining a clean medical facility;
- Maintain medical equipment, ambulance, fire tender and mine rescue equipment in preparation for emergency situations;
- Documenting and managing all injuries & illnesses;
- Reporting all WR injuries and high potential incidents;
- Monitoring the Injury Management RTW programs;
- Remain on call 24/7 for medical treatment and emergency response;
- Monthly medication audit in accordance with protocol of Poisons Permit;
- Provide training to the Emergency Response Team;
- Provide management, advice and leadership in all emergencies;
- Preparing and delivering onsite health presentations;
- Conduct fitness for work testing.
Requirements to be successful in ESO Paramedic Jobs Pilbara:
- Previous experience in a Medic/ESO position within the WA mining industry;
- HLT41115 – Cert IV Health Care as a minimum (Paramedic qualification desirable);
- Certificate III Mines Rescue;
- Cert IV Training and Assessing;
- Certificate IV in WHS (desirable);
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Certification
- Snake Handler (desirable)
- Possess a current national police clearance;
- Previous experience in Risk Management and Health Promotion;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations
- Possess a current MR driver’s licence;
- Working at Heights and Confined Spaces;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and engagement skills,
- Strong organisation and computer literacy.
In return ConsMin will offer:
- Enjoy a family friendly 7:7 roster from Perth;
- Opportunity to progress your career and gain valuable experience at a unique, complex site;
- Friendly, supportive team who will help you succeed in this role should you be successful;
- Ongoing training, development and career progression;
- Competitive remuneration package;
Benefits of ESO Paramedic Jobs Pilbara:
- Access to Virgin Velocity Frequent flyers program;
- Employee Assistance Program – Converge International;
- Medibank & HBF corporate insurance discounts;
- Hotel corporate discounts.
About the company:
The Consolidated Minerals Group (ConsMin) was acquired in May 2017 by Ningxia Tianyuan Manganese Industry Co (TMI), a world leading manufacturer of electrolytic manganese metals, based in China. ConsMin is recognised as one of the world’s leading manganese producers and has operating mines in Australia and Ghana. ConsMin’s Pilbara based Woodie Woodie Mine and West Perth Operations headquarters creates jobs for over 400 likeminded, experienced and talented people who are driven by our Company Values of Dedication, Teamwork, Simplicity, Excellence and Innovation.
Want to build an amazing career into pre-hospital emergency health care and focus on working in the mining and resource sector?
Let’s make it happen together!
Call APC on (07 5520 2522) or tell us a little about yourself by completing a career pathway plan!
Choose from these qualifications:
To see more Paramedical Student Reviews & Interviews visit our Student Speak Portal.