Mechanical & Avionics LAMEs (Rotary Wing)
- Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
- Permanent, full-time positions
- Bankstown Airport location
Care-flight is an Australian not-for-profit aeromedical organization. There mission is to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community.
They operate from locations in NSW, northern WA and the Top End of the NT. Their specially trained doctors, nurses and paramedics use helicopters, aeroplanes, medi-jets and road ambulances to bring a hospital level of care to over 5,000 patients each year. They also deploy medical professionals to remote oil, gas & mining sites, both onshore and offshore.
Owing to continued expansion, they are seeking expressions of interest from experienced rotary wing LAMEs, for Bankstown Airport operations.
As a LAME your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on Airbus Helicopters AS350-B2 (Arriel 1D1) and Kawasaki/MBB BK117-B2 (LTS101) aircraft
- carrying out regular servicing of ground support equipment
- carrying out maintenance of aircraft components
- coordinating scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on Airbus Helicopters AS350-B2 (Arriel 1D1) and Kawasaki/MBB BK117-B2 (LTS101) aircraft
- managing the timely completion of maintenance and engineering activities
- supervising unlicensed engineers and/or contractors as required
- bringing to the attention of the Engineering Quality & Compliance Manager matters of non-compliance with CASA regulations and CareFlight policies and procedures
- completing maintenance documentation
- maintaining aircraft and engine log books
- maintaining personal tools and tool boxes in accordance with CareFlight’s Maintenance Procedures Manual
- maintaining CareFlight aircraft within the scope of licensing requirements and in accordance with the CareFlight Maintenance Control Manual and Maintenance Procedures Manual
- ensuring practical steps are taken to ensure safe practices in the workplace, identifying hazards and using the CareFlight Safety Reporting System.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- CASA Part 66 B1/B2 AME License on Airbus Helicopters AS350-B2 (Arriel 1D1) and Kawasaki/MBB BK117-B2 (LTS101) aircraft
- a team player approach to work but able to work autonomously
- the ability to problem solve and provide workable solutions
- excellent prioritization and organization skills and the ability to be self-motivated
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to work with staff and crew from varying work groups and levels
- a demonstrated professional, service-orientated approach to your work
- a willingness and ability to be deployed to remote locations to carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
In addition to the above, a CASA Part 66 B1/B2 AME License on Beechcraft B200 (PT6A) aircraft will be highly regarded.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of the team, you can apply using the link below. Please ensure you attach a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria. Applications for this opportunity will close on Wednesday 13 June 2018.
Care Flight values diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required
by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.Apply now for Expressions of Interest Experienced Rotary wing LAMEs NSW -->