Healthcare Practitioner – Responder –Event Medical plus
Event Medical Plus is a South Australian organization that is focused on providing the community with professional medical and healthcare services.
The account managers have a collective experience in excess of 50 years in the area of event medical services and have had direct involvement in many of South Australia’s significant and iconic events and venues. Using this experience, your dedicated Account Manager will tailor solutions that meet your needs in the most cost-effective way possible.
Established in 2014, Event Medical Plus raises the standard in service delivery and clinical care.
About the role
Event Medical Plus Healthcare Practitioners are selected based on:
- Personal and professional presentation
- Relevance of clinical and non-clinical experience
- Satisfactory outcome of pre-employment checks, including a DCSI Criminal Record Screen, Pre-Employment Medical Assessment (where requested) and Reference Checks, as well as the provision of satisfactory evidence in accordance with the respective clinical accreditation level listed below.
For initial accreditation, must provide evidence of:
- Successful completion and attainment of the Certificate IV in Health Care or equivalent/greater; and
- Clinical competency through continued employment in a clinical setting or similar activities; and
- Completion of relevant EMP Induction.
For ongoing accreditation, must provide evidence of:
- Continued maintenance of clinical competency through continued employment in a clinical setting or similar activities; and
- Completion of relevant EMP Induction; and
- Satisfactory result from a DCSI Criminal Record Screen; and
- Completion of any upgrade packages of new, modified or revised clinical guidelines, standing orders or equipment guides.
Benefits and perks
Healthcare Practitioners must be able to demonstrate the ability to continue to maintain clinical competency. For this reason, they encourage there staff to work in other clinical settings and use the widely varied and exciting work with broaden their clinical experience and supplement their income, with competitive remuneration rates.
Skills and experience
Responders are qualified healthcare practitioners who hold a minimum qualification of a Certificate III in Basic Healthcare (or equivalent) and hold significant experience in the care and management of injured persons and emergency situations in the context of an out-of-hospital setting.
There nurses are qualified and practicing Registered Nurses who hold a current Advanced Life Support accreditation as endorsed by the Australian Resuscitation Council. The nurses that Event Medical Plus employs hold significant experience in the management and care of critically ill and injured persons under emergency conditions.
There paramedics are qualified to a level that is equivalent to that of a practicing paramedic with the state ambulance authority and hold a current Advanced Life Support accreditation as endorsed by the Australian Resuscitation Council. Event Medical Plus paramedics are either currently practicing as state ambulance authority paramedics, or are healthcare professionals at an equivalent level to state ambulance authority paramedics.
NOTE: this was a sample job as advertised to highlight career options and opportunities in the pre-hospital health care sector.