An introduction to Paramedics
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for those who;
- are thinking about a career in the pre-hospital emergency health care sector
- are looking for alternative step-by-step way to gain a nationally recognised qualifications
- wish to study in their own time online
- are looking for highly affordable paramedical training options
- wanting to gain paramedical qualifications they can use straight away
Why do this course?
This course comprehensively covers the three basic, yet essential topics you’ll find in the highest level HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science qualification.
As a paramedic or medic in the private sector, there is strong emphasis placed on how to communicate effectively with a patient, as well as with colleagues and other emergency services personnel – paramedics are masterful at communication. In fact, from the conversations we have with paramedics, 95% of their time is spent communicating effectively.
The next one is being able to interpret and apply medical terminology in your everyday communications. You can see, when combining your superior communication skills (above) with your medical knowledge; being able to communicate this with confidence makes a huge difference.
During your training, you’ll be taught the importance of being able to effectively practice infection prevention techniques and identify infection hazards and assess risks in the workplace. At all times following policies and procedures to deliver high standards of care.
In addition and as part of this training course, you will learn Advanced First Aid procedures over 2 days. As a first response first-aider, you will take control of an incident scene and administer medical care until paramedics or other medical professionals arrive.
What you get
This training is split into two sections.
- 3 Online training units
- 2 day face-to-face Advanced First Aid training in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne
Learn the basics of how to become a paramedic and gain three nationally recognised qualifications in pre-hospital emergency health care – plus an Advanced First Aid certificate that is also recognised nationally.
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- BSBMED301 – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTAID006 – Provide advanced first aid