Administration Job for St John Ambulance
A job to be proud of:
We are currently recruiting an Administration Officer to join our Boddington Sub Centre Office on a part time 12 month contract. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys variety and strives to deliver great customer service. You will work 13 hours per week from 8:30am – 3:30pm (includes a 30 min unpaid lunch break) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You will add value to a growing organisation and WA’s industry leading country ambulance service while working in your local community.
NOTE: This is an example of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora to find similar Ambulance Transport Attendant jobs or Patient Transport Officer Jobs.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate Sub-Centre preventive and reactive maintenance programs for equipment, plant, buildings and surrounds so that the building and equipment are maintained to an effective and safe standard.
- Answer general queries from internal and external customers for the region.
- Maintain accurate personnel list of all Sub-Centre volunteers and members to facilitate effective Country Call-out systems for the Sub Centre.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer rosters to ensure roster coverage is communicated effectively with Volunteer Group and Sub-Centre Staff.
- Assist with the Sub Centres receipting, invoicing and monthly account reconciliation.
- Support the promotion, marketing, merchandising and delivery of training, ambulance cover, kit servicing and sales to the community to encourage and reinforce St John Ambulance (W.A.) Ltd brand.
- Promote volunteer recruitment by advertising in the local media, through word of mouth and during public events to increase volunteer recruitment at the Sub-Centre.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to develop volunteer and commercial training schedules so that training requirements are met.
- Coordinate procurement of supplies, consumables, resources and equipment in accordance with purchasing requirements and budget constraints to meet Sub-Centre needs.
- Other administrative and reception support as required
What you’ll need:
- Excellent customer service skills and strong administrative skills and experience
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office suites (this will be tested)
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-directed worker, with an excellent work ethic and work history
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Effective time-management and keen eye for process improvement
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Resilient, flexible and prompt
- Adhere to strict confidentiality at all times
- C Class Drivers Licence
Get qualifications to get the best start in Pre-Hospital Emergency Health Care:
What’s in it for you?
The successful candidate will be offered an interactive and supportive working environment within a positive and professional team along with:
- $500 Health and Wellness bonus (pro rata)
- 17.5% leave loading
- Corporate uniform
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging options
- Free emergency ambulance cover
- Free first aid training
Do you want to work for an iconic Western Australian organisation committed to changing lives and making a difference to your community?
At St John, Western Australia’s ambulance service, we pride ourselves on our humanitarian work helping to make our state a safer, more resilient place. With over 1300 permanent staff, 9000 volunteers and annual revenues approaching $300 million, St John Ambulance is the Industry Leader in the provision of Pre-Hospital Care and related products in Western Australia.
Are you ready to change lives?
To apply for this exciting opportunity please select “Apply Now” below. Applications must include a detailed cover letter outlining your motivations for this position and resume.
Alternatively, if you have any questions please contact Matt Cannonon (08) 9373 3837.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.Apply Now to Become an Administration Officer at St John Ambulance WA