Ambulance Transport Attendant Job Melbourne (Casual)
St John Ambulance Australia (VIC) has served the community for over 135 years. Their mission is to increase the level of life-saving First Aid skills within the community and save lives. They are currently seeking casual Ambulance Transport Attendants (ATA) for the care and transport of low, medium, high and complex non-emergency patient transport across Victoria.
Ambulance Transport Attendant Job Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, ATAs will be engaged in the care, direction and transport of low and medium acuity non-emergency patients in accordance with the St John Ambulance Patient Transport (STAPT) Quality System and Non-emergency Patient Transport Regulations & Clinical Practice Protocols.
Successful ATAs will be required to work on a rotational roster basis operating on a variety of shift types including but not restricted to, Ambulance Victoria (AV) shifts, Hospital Based Vehicle (HBV) shifts, AV Complex Patient Ambulance Vehicle (CPAV) shifts and ad-hoc shifts.
Essential skills and attributes (Selection Criteria):
- Previous experience as an Ambulance Transport Attendant in the NEPT Industry
- Ability to take a leadership role within the team to ensure high standards of patient care and safety
- A proven ability to resolve issues that may result in patient transport delays
- Ability to work a rotational roster that includes weekends and public holidays
- Effective communication skills when dealing with stakeholders, patients, allied healthcare professionals and/or SJAPT personnel
- Able to work reasonable additional hours if required.
- Willingness to undertake a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check
Essential qualifications, memberships and licences:
- Minimum Diploma of Paramedical Science (Ambulance) or equivalent, Registered Nurse Division 1 with appropriate Ambulance Bridging Course.
- Completed at least 400 hours of supervised on road clinical practice experience within the last two years.
- Able to provide evidence you have completed the HLTAMB014 ‘Transport Non-Emergency Patients Under Operational Conditions’ unit (or equivalent) from the National Health Training Package.
- Current Victorian Driver Licence with evidence of safe driving record.
- Able to provide evidence of current and updated vaccinations, including Hep B, Influenza, MMR, Whooping Cough (Pertussis) and Chickenpox (Varicella).
- Demonstrated experience in the resource management of patient transport
- An understanding of medical conditions and the ability to cognitively match clinical requirements to available resources
St John Ambulance Australia, offer a myriad of benefits including career growth, salary packaging options, free breakfast and fruit, staff social club, coffee machines, and staff excellence awards.
Join a dynamic and progressive organisation and apply now by attaching your CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria and follow the link below. Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
This is an example of the type of job you could obtain once you’ve completed your qualifications at the Australian Paramedical College.GET YOUR VERY OWN PERSONALISED CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN HERE