Emergency Services Officer Job – Remote Western Australia
Due to its continued growth through 2018 and beyond, Mineral Resources is seeking experienced Emergency Service Officers for their remote WA based sites.
NOTE: This is an example of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora to find similar Ambulance Transport Attendant jobs or Patient Transport Officer Jobs.
Responsibilities for Emergency Service Officer Jobs include:
- Facilitate and participate in daily safety inspections, and assist the Site Manager with safety audits
- Participate in the management of emergency response facilities, vehicles and equipment, ensuring they are kept to the regulation standard
- Conduct ERT and First Aid Training to site staff, including reporting for all HSET incidents and occurrences
- Conduct on-site drug and alcohol testing
- Comply with and promote site standards with reference to standards, practices, goals and procedures to HSET
- Develop, implement and facilitate all required training services as requested
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
Job Requirements for Emergency Service Officer Jobs include:
- Demonstrated experience as a paramedic within a remote environment
- Certificate IV in Health or a Diploma in Paramedical Science
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessing will be highly regarded, but not essential
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety (desirable)
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to impart knowledge, coach and mentor others
- Open class manual license
- NSW Medical – Order 43
- Current membership of Paramedics Australasia
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Certification
- Cert 3 Mines Rescue qualification or equivalent
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment (Desirable)You must be able to demonstrate clinical currency to the prescribed criteria of a Paramedic 3 (Advanced Care) or Paramedic 4 (Intensive Care) within the last 12 months prior to the date of application.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
This is an example of the type of job you can gain once completed your qualifications at the Australian Paramedical College.GET YOUR VERY OWN PERSONALISED CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN HERE