Paramedic Job in the mines – Bowen Basin, Mackay & Coalfields
An excellent opportunity to earn a high salary in Queensland mines as a Paramedic?
CPA Group offers premium, specialist emergency rescue services to the mining and maritime industries. Our business offers a truly dynamic environment that fosters creativity, rewards initiative and provides opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are positioned as a true specialist provider, looking for people who can add value, quality, passion and innovation to our journey.
NOTE: This is an example of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications or are looking to find a pathway into Australian Defense Force jobs as a combat medic. We encourage you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Corporate Protection Australia Group is currently seeking applications from Paramedics for a mine located in Blair Athol in Central Queensland. Roles offered are either full time or casual.
Requirements for this Paramedic Job in the mines:
- Diploma/Bachelor of Paramedical Science – (min 3 years’ experience mandatory)
- Advanced Life Support – ACLS or PHTLS (mandatory)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training to provide First Aid Training. CPR, LVR (mandatory)
- Must have current or have applied for AHPRA registration (mandatory)
- Certificate III Mines Rescue (advantageous but not essential)
- Experience in emergency medicine, primary care and/or remote area medicine
- Drugs and Alcohol Testing.
- Sound administration, Microsoft Office, computer and database management skills
- Excellent hourly rates on offer + super
- Uniforms, PPE and equipment
- Return flights to Emerald ex-Brisbane, accommodation & $50 per day meal allowance provided
- 10 or 12 hour day shifts, on-call other times
- 7 days on and 7 days off
- 4 hours paid travel each rotation
- Travel in and out on the same day
- Professional supportive team-work environment
- Commitment to career development and up-skilling; salary sacrifice on superannuation, EAP, corporate discounts on training and corporate partner service discounts; and
- Be an integral part of a great team environment.
- Only Qld-based applicants should apply as flights are ex-Brisbane only.
An alternative pathway into a university degree by way of the HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science for those who have missed out on the chance to go to uni.
UNIVERSITY PATHWAY GUIDE - Get Your Personalised Plan Here
The Duties of the Successful Paramedic are as follows:
- Provide immediate response to emergency calls, injuries and incidents.
- Timely paramedic intervention for illness and injuries in accordance with legislative, regulative and industry best practice requirements.
- Injury management treatment in accordance with fitness for duty guidelines.
- Coordinate and facilitate transfer of time critical medical cases to the nominated client representative Emergency care services facility and/or local ambulance service as applicable;
- Maintain accurate, up to date case notes and ensure smooth handover of same at roster changes;
- Assist site Health, Safety & Training team with incident investigations
- Perform drug and alcohol tests, maintain chain of custody and report test results in accordance with legislative, regulative and industry best practice requirements; and
- Conduct first aid training.
This is an example of the type of job available once qualified with courses offered by the Australian Paramedical College.GET YOUR VERY OWN PERSONALISED CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN HERE