Emergency Response Services Officer
Fortescue Metals Group (Fortescue) has a vision be the safest, lowest cost, most profitable iron ore producer.
Since it was founded in 2003, Fortescue has discovered and developed significant iron ore deposits and constructed some of the largest mines in the world, now producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per annum.
Emergency Services Offer
Reporting to the Emergency Services Supervisor at Solomon, Emergency Services Officers are response team members for all emergency incidents on site, and they are to assist with the day to day running of the emergency services, medical, and security team.
Emergency Services Officers are also to ensure that site based and corporate policies, procedures and plans in relation to emergency management, security management, and medical management are complied with at all times.
This is a full time position on a 7 days / 7 nights / 7 off roster FIFO ex Perth.
Key accountability will include:
- Respond to onsite emergencies and maintain a state of operational readiness.
- To provide leadership and training services for the emergency response volunteer team (ERT) and other site departments in emergency management practices.
- Equipment preparedness including compliance inspections and reporting.
- Conduct of site fitness for work requirements in accordance with site and company alcohol and other drugs (AOD) policies.
- Plan, co-ordinate, and participate in site emergency drills.
- To assist in the provision of site security services
- To provide medical services and ensure medical facilities are maintained in an operationally ready status.
- Maintain a level of fitness required to perform the job role as dictated by the company.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response & Rescue or Certificate III in Public Safety (Fire Fighting and Emergency Operations)
- Including as a minimum Rope rescue, Road Crash Rescue, Firefighting, Confined Space rescue, Breathing Apparatus (Open Circuit), Hazchem
- Introduction to AIIMS (Australasian Inter-agency Incident Management System), (desirable)
- Certificate II in Security Operations (Desirable)
- Western Australian “HR” Drivers License
- National Police Clearance
- Operate and maintain 4WD
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Desirable)
- Certificate IV in WHS (Desirable)
- Cert IV in Health Care (Ambulance) or above
- Previous experience in the mining and resource sector
- Previous experience in emergency response
- Previous experience in incident control/incident management
- Presentation, organizational and communication skills
- Microsoft office applications skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a professional attitude, ability to analyze and problem solve, and a willingness to work in a team environment
Their values drive culture and business performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. They recognize the benefits of a diverse workforce, they celebrate and respect people’s differences and are committed to being inclusive at all times. They strongly encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.