Patient Transport Officers – Sale
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aero medical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia. RFDS Victoria supports the work of the Flying Doctors throughout Australia, and is also growing its clinical services across the State.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, TAS and NSW.
Patient Transport Officers provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions, in accordance with RFDS MPC policies, procedures, and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform patient assessment, intervention and assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all RFDS MPC policies and procedures, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures as well as work collaboratively with other team members when required.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PTO – Minimum qualification of Cert III Non Emergency Patient Transport or Enrolled Nurse Qualification (must have completed HLTAMB014 – Transport Non-emergency Patients Under Operational Conditions)
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role.
RFDS policies require that the below immunization must be obtained by any new staff members prior to commencement of work. Please be aware that if you don’t have the following, you may not be eligible for a position in Mobile Patient Care.
Hepatitis B – Evidence of at least 3 vaccinations and copy of results of immune status (Hepatitis B surface antibody)
Varicella – Evidence of 2 doses of Varicella vaccine or results of blood test demonstrating immunity to Varicella
Pertussis – Evidence of most recent booster of Pertussis containing vaccine during adulthood (maximum 10 years)
Measles/Mumps/Rubella – Were you born in Australia before 1966? Yes/No
If Yes: No further proof required
If NO: evidence of 2 doses of Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccine (MMR and MMRII) or results of blood test demonstrating immunity to Measles, Mumps & Rubella
Influenza – Proof of most recent year’s vaccine
You will be required to hold a current Victorian Driver’s License (mandatory) and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions. A satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months and current satisfactory Working with Children Check for employment are required for employment in this industry.
Please click apply to start your application, including your resume and a cover letter. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.