NSW Ambulance Vocational Trainee Paramedic
Various Metropolitan and Regional NSW vacancies
If you live in NSW and have always admired the job NSW Ambulance does and you are thinking about becoming a paramedic, then the NSW Ambulance Vocational Trainee Paramedic option could be what you’re looking for.
There are three training pathways to becoming a paramedic with NSW Ambulance;
- Trainee Paramedic (Vocational ) pathway
- Paramedic Intern (Graduate) pathway (requires a degree and registration with the Paramedicine Board and AHPRA)
- Qualified Paramedic pathway. (must be registered with the Paramedicine Board and AHPRA)
Trainee Paramedic (Vocational entry)
Applicants who have no prior medical experience can apply for the Trainee Paramedic (vocational entry) role. Through the Trainee Paramedic vocational entry training pathway, you will undertake the nationally-accredited Diploma of Paramedical Science over three years, delivered by the NSW Ambulance Education Centre, Rozelle, Sydney. A minimum of 8 weeks training is undertaken at NSW Ambulance before going out on road.
Here is a direct link to NSW Ambulance Paramedic positions on their website. (Note: the NSW Ambulance website does seem out of date at the time of writing this article (05.2019)
The Role: NSW Ambulance Vocational Trainee Paramedic (this was a 2018 expression of interest)
NSW Ambulance Paramedics respond to Triple Zero (000) calls and provide life- saving treatment to the community of NSW. They are one of the health system’s greatest assets and are vital for delivering effective out of hospital care.
This position provides front line out of hospital care, medical retrieval and health related transport for sick and injured people in an emergency or non-emergency setting. Paramedics accurately assess and document patient health and medical needs to determine and implement appropriate paramedical care in line with NSW Ambulance policies and procedures.
NSW Ambulance Paramedics complete a rigorous training and education program to gain their initial qualification. Paramedics must engage in an on-going professional development program to maintain their Certificate to Practice – ensuring that their clinical and technical skills are of the highest standard and follow approved protocols, pharmacology and clinical procedures as per the medical standard.** Download ** Self-help eBook on how to become an Ambulance Paramedic
To be a successful applicant for this NSW Ambulance Vocational Trainee Paramedic role, you must be able to demonstrate:
– An ability to abide by the accepted standards of conduct and performance.
– Computer literacy and use of web based programs.
– Planning and organising skills to effectively manage your time and prioritise workloads, with the ability to manage stress and maintain performance under pressure without negative impact on yourself or others
– An ability to work autonomously and also to develop professional relationships and work collaboratively as part of a team.
– An ability to communicate appropriately with integrity, empathy and respect for ethical and professional standards including patient confidentiality and sensitivity.
– An ability to apply work health and safety policies to safeguard self and others whilst undertaking the responsibilities of the role.
– Analytical capability to assess and evaluate a situation and determine appropriate action whilst also accepting responsibility for the impact of that action.
Find out more about the pathway on the NSW Ambulance website: Trainee Paramedic NSW Ambulance
Find out more about the NSW Ambulance Paramedic Recruitment and Selection Process and the required preemployment clearances associated with this role.** Download ** Self-help eBook on how to become an Ambulance Paramedic