Offshore Paramedic Jobs Darwin
Parabellum currently have outstanding opportunities for suitably qualified Offshore Paramedics to join their team supporting an industry leading client who operates FPSO’s in Australian waters.
Reporting to the OIM, the Paramedic provides medical services to all crew members and is on call 24/7 when on the vessel. The Paramedic is responsible for the organisation of preventative healthcare, supervision of physical and mental health of personnel, administration of first aid treatment, supervision of medical emergency preparedness procedures, control of hygiene standards on the vessel, and registration of chemicals and medical substances.
Duties of *Offshore Paramedic Jobs Darwin* include, but are not limited to:
- Specialist clinical management skills to identify critically injured or ill patients with support from “topside” medical service providers.
- Leading rotary wing medical evacuations for FPSO crew as approved by the OIM and topside medical provider.
- Fulfil role as per the vessel station bill and actively participate in the emergency response drills, conduct first aid training and induction training as part of the emergency management team.
- Conduct health and hygiene inspections and assist with any investigations which may be required.
- Undertaking health screening procedures in accordance with company protocols. These screening procedures may include Drug and Alcohol testing and health surveillance screening including audiometry and lung function testing.
- Health promotion activities.
- Ensure that the stock of medical supplies is kept at the required level at all times.
- Ensuring all medical information and end of trip handovers are accurately recorded.
- Ensuring all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose.
- Helicopter Admin duties
There is scope for the Paramedic (with appropriate qualifications) to assist in matters related to health and safety including input into risk assessments for high risk work, review and approval of confined space and working at height rescue plans etc.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Paramedic with post graduate experience. Ideally you will have undertaken specialist post graduate study and hold as a minimum a Diploma in Paramedical Science or international equivalent.Get your Diploma of Paramedical Science Here
Essential selection criteria and experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a paramedic working in the health care or military sector
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in offshore environments preferably on FPSO’s
- Current ACLS/PHTLS/ALS or international equivalents
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Able to pass a clinical assessment prior to employment by their Chief Medical Officer and ongoing annual skills tests
Additional desirable experience:
- Current TBOSIET
- Degree qualified from a recognized International University
- Military experience and/or major trauma centre A&E experience
- Internationally recognised HSE qualifications e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate or Diploma
- Radiation Protection Supervisor
- Experience of ISSOW
- Hazardous substances assessor
- Manual handling assessor
- Incident investigation experience
This is a unique opportunity to work within a supportive team and friendly culture, in a company renowned for its emergency response practices with major global clients on the world’s premier projects.
In return for your commitment you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package commensurate to your experience. The roles are based offshore and rotations will be on a 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off basis.
As the roles are based in Australian waters strict work rights and visa requirements apply. Parabellum International welcomes applications from candidates throughout the region and international candidates who have defined work rights for Australia.
If you believe that you are the right person for the role and wish to join Parabellum International supporting their industry leading clients, please submit your application for consideration. Your application should consist of a CV and covering letter outlining your skills and experience in line with the advertised role.
APPLY & SEE MORE DETAILS ON THIS REGISTERED PARAMEDIC JOB