Paramedic Jobs Wollongong NSW
About *Paramedic Jobs Wollongong NSW:
As part of this role you would be responsible for:
- responding and assessing patients for transport to a health facility for ongoing pre or post hospital care;
- ensuring the safe transport of bariatric and specialised patients;
- the administration and supply of medication in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines;
- the provision of responsive care at public and other events;
- liaising with relevant health care providers;
- ensuring appropriate documentation, statute and clinical requirements and guidelines are maintained and in accordance with SMA’s policies and procedures;
- providing appropriate patient care and comfort; and
- ensuring vehicles and equipment are maintained and stocked in a state of readiness.
Skills and Experience:
To be eligible you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science or degree qualification with AHPRA Registration;
- minimum 3 years’ experience as a qualified paramedic;
- a current unrestricted manual driver’s licence (an unrestricted NSW manual light rigid drivers licence would be well regarded)
- good driving record
- first aid certificate and CPR (ALS1 is well regarded)
- national police check
- working with Children Check for Paid Work
- current and up to date Record of Immunisations
- evidence of your right to work in Australia
What do you need to bring to *Paramedic Jobs Wollongong NSW?
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- be medically fit to undertake the inherent requirements of the role and be able to work across shifts
- demonstrate a positive outlook and disposition with a flexible approach to adapt to business needs and hours
- possess a compliance mind to ensure the safe and efficient treatment and transport of bariatric patients
- present a professional approach and ability to remain calm under pressure
- adhere policies and guidelines regarding confidentiality and patient sensitivity
- exhibit self-motivation including a commitment to continually improve and update skills
- have a willingness to work in a small team environment
About the Business:
State Medical Assistance (SMA) is an accredited and quality certified provider of non-emergency patient transport, event emergency care and onsite medical support services in NSW.
Operating a fully equipped modern fleet of vehicles, SMA is a preferred supplier for both private and public health facilities and providers in NSW.
It is SMA’s mission to provide a supportive culture for its employees to thrive towards achieving excellence at all times.
They are currently recruiting for suitably qualified registered paramedics to join their Wollongong and Central Coast based operations on a full time-fixed term basis.