We provide educational pathways to help you
to become a Paramedic
Discover which pathway suits you the best.
Get into university by first completing a paramedical diploma.
- You will be qualified to start working in the industry faster; apply for medic work whilst studying at university.
- Imagine graduating from university with real industry experience
Who would an employer choose?
- John Smith with a Bachelor Degree
- or YOU who holds a Bachelor degree and 2 years’ industry experience as a medic
It just makes sense.
- APC Diploma graduates have previously been credited multiple subjects towards their degree. This often reduces the time taken to finish the degree
- The subjects credited differ depending on the university. Some universities have different entry requirements. We recommend you check with your chosen university first.
Make this your year. Explore your options. Study to become medic/paramedic with APC.
We offer flexible online study. No matter where you live in Australia, you can study where and when it suits you the best. We’ve made attending clinical workshops even easier, with training locations in NSW, VIC, QLD and WA.
Complete the HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care, then go to university to get a degree.
Formerly known as the HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science
- You will be qualified to start working in the industry faster as you can apply for medic work or the like whilst you study at university to complete your degree.
- Imagine graduating from university with real industry experience?
Who would you choose at an interview for a Paramedic position?
- John Smith with a Bachelor Degree
- or YOU who holds a Bachelor degree and 2 years’ industry experience as a medic or the like.
It just makes sense – best of both world’s (not to mention the networking you can do in the industry to get that Paramedic career at the end of university).
- APC diploma graduates have previously been credited for multiple subjects within their degree. This often shortens the length of their degree while allowing them to work in the health care industry while they study
- The subjects credited differ depending on the courses offered within the degree per university. This can be subject to change as some universities have different entry requirements. We recommend you check with your chosen university.
Our personalised training and skills development planning can help you find that perfect career you’ve always dreamed of.
We make studying easier and more manageable.
Flexible study options that make it easier to fit studying around your lifestyle| Training locations Australia-wide | A supportive training and learning environment | Gain paramedical skills that are always in demand | A dynamic online learning | On-demand access to your course materials (we have an App too | Easy contact points with your trainers | Unlimited access to your support team by phone, email, Messenger, text
What we offer you
We can help you to become a Paramedic.
Complete the online flexible learning
Undertake workshops around Australia
Select your preferred university pathway
Complete your paramedic degree at university
We make it easier for our students
Don’t worry if you feel confused or uncertain if you are smart enough or have the time to study to become a paramedic. We have created an online course to make it easier to study when it suits you.
The APC difference
We have built a large team of educators and support staff and offer training locations around Australia to assist our students throughout their training. We specialise in creating pathways to university to allows our students to one day become paramedics.
What our students are saying
“On my first university placement with QUT, my diploma from APC has served me well, with the comments that I am doing better than a lot of third year paramedic students. Getting heaps of experience and LOVING IT!”…Rachel
“The diploma really set me up well for the degree”
“I started my journey to become a paramedic 5 years ago with APC, whilst working full-time to make sure I wanted to change careers. The course material was really comprehensive and I had great support from the educators and admin. The prac (clinical workshops) weeks really pulled everything together and the trainers were very experienced and knowledgeable. The diploma really set me up well for the degree. I graduated from QUT Dec 2019 with distinction. For me, studying with APC helped me decide this is what I wanted as a new career, and helped me believe in myself that I could return to study in my 40’s. I have just started as a Registered Paramedic with NSW Ambulance at 47 years old. and I’m not the oldest in my cohort. It is never too late to find your dream job and go for it.”
“It was a nice feeling this morning – feeling pretty special”
“I was a student with the APC having completed Certificate IV, I have gone on the pursue the Bachelor of Paramedicine with Charles Sturt University (CSU). It was a nice feeling this morning when I received this weeks readings from Sam Willis (former senior lecturer APC, now at Charles Sturt University). Feeling pretty special with my signed copy, having been taught by Sam and having the APC with me along with me though my academic journey!” (read the full article here)