Paramedical Student Interview – Jamie Williams
An Interview with Paramedical Student Jamie Williams.
To summarise Jamie’s thoughts on study and his future pathway;
- “I work at the Newcastle Knights’ training day coordinator for the NRL teams”
- “Having that extra knowledge reassures yourself and makes you confident”
- “When you do have to go into those environments, you know that you can do the job”
- “The facility is fantastic, the teachers and the lecturers are fantastic as well”
- “They want to see you do well. They’re here to help you”
- “There’s so many opportunities out there, you can work anywhere in the world really”
- “I wish I would have started this course probably 20 years ago”
APC Diploma student Jamie Williams is a seasoned Newcastle Knights (NRL) football trainer who wanted extra skills and knowledge to assist in injury situations on and off the field.
Jamie’s job as a training Game Day coordinator revolves around preparation of the team and ensuring the team are prepared for trainings and games.
“We see some pretty horrific things on the rugby league field. We’ve always got doctors and things around, but it’s always good to be know that you can take control of a situation if need be, if you are isolated.”
“Having that extra knowledge reassures yourself and makes you confident, so that when you do have to go into those environments for whatever reason, you know that you can do the job.”
“The (APC) facility is fantastic, the teachers and the lecturers are fantastic as well. They want to see you do well. They’re here to help you.”
“They’re very good. They know their stuff. Once you do something like this, there’s so many options out there, whether it be sport or working in the mines, or working in far-flung areas where there’s not a lot of medical support.”
“I wish I would have started this course probably 20 years ago.”
Our qualifications offer pathways to employment in the private sector as well as the opportunities to complete a paramedical degree at university (with credit points awarded by approved universities)! Working in London as a Paramedic with Australian qualifications is also a pathway you may choose to walk down, all of which is made possible when you study with APC!
Study online, (we have an app too) and attend clinical workshops in most states.