Patient Transport Officer Job – Grafton, NSW.
Grafton, Grafton Base Hospital | Far North Coast | NSW
Employment Type: Temporary Part Time (52 weeks)
Position Classification: Patient Transport Off
Remuneration: $27.76 per hour
Hours Per Week: 32
Requisition ID: REQ221167
NSW Patient Transport jobs: This role means proving safe, transportation of hospital patients (with or without a Nurse Escort in transit), ensuring delivery schedules and deadlines are met, and reporting any delays to the Port Transport Hub.
Why you should consider applying
NSW Health can offer you:
- Diverse career pathways
- Professional and personal development
- Help with further study and education
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
- Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Tired of big cities? Want to start your patient transport driving days in NSW sitting on your deck in the sun, enjoying a cup of coffee and listening to the birds? Or would you rather have a surf or a walk along the sand before work? Wonderful beaches, world heritage-listed national parks, hinterland villages, great food and fine wine, excellent private and public schools, warm and friendly staff are all waiting for you on the North Coast of NSW at Grafton. You may be working as a NSW Patient Transport Officer with Northern NSW Local Health District, but you’ll be enjoying the benefits of an amazing lifestyle in one of the most picturesque places on the coast.
Where you’ll be working in this Patient Transport job in NSW
The Clarence River, NSW provides the lifeblood of this picturesque region, connecting the regional centre of Grafton with the historic township of Maclean and the stunning seaside towns of Iluka and Yamba. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing tree-change, a family destination or an adventure, the Clarence Valley has something to suit every lifestyle.
Northern NSW Local Health District (NNSWLHD) embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that their people bring to the workplace. They foster inclusiveness and diversity to help them deliver quality care to the community.
NNSWLHD is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, their online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
- Evidence of qualifications are required for this position, please upload your qualifications as an attachment to your application.
- Recommended qualifications would be for instance the HLT31115 – Certificate III in Non-Emergency Patient Transport (superseded by the HLT31120 – Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport).
- Please note, to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
- A current valid NSW Working With Children Check is a requirement of this position. Visit https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/ for more information.
- Valid, unrestricted drivers licence for relevant class of vehicle for use within NSW/Australia
- Current Advanced First Aid Certificate including CPR accreditation, the use of AEDs, administration of oxygen therapy, and use of a Gueddel’s airway
- Ability to assist with manual handling and safe transfer of patients in a variety of situations
- Previous knowledge and capability as a Patient Transport Officer or similar role involving patient care, manual handling and time management
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member including proficient communication skills
- Competence in operating the DHS/Ferno/Stryker stretchers or willingness to complete
- Demonstrated previous knowledge and skills in a role requiring compassion and empathy for people requiring health care
- Availability and capacity to participate in a seven-day rotating roster which includes working early AM commencement and late PM completion times, all days of the week including public holidays.
Study pre-hospital emergency health care qualifications online. With the aid of clinical workshops as well as online and phone support from trainers and educators. Enjoy unlimited access to a student success team who are always ready to help and assist. Although paramedical courses can be studied online, studying with APC means you become part of a vibrant and passionate community which encourages our students to engage and help one another.
Choose from three pre-hospital emergency health care qualifications. Begin with patient transport and upskill into the diploma.
HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care (formerly HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science)
HLT41120 – Certificate IV in Health Care (formerly HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care)
HLT31120 – Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport (formerly HLT31115 – Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport)