Patient Transport Officer Jobs NSW
The Royal Flying Doctor Service are currently seeking applications for the role of casual Patient Transport Officer to assist in providing high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions, in accordance with RFDS MPC policies, procedures, and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
** Please note this is a casual position offering between 15 to 30 hours per fortnight **
Key Responsibilities for *Patient Transport Officer Jobs NSW:
- Safe operation of ambulance and it’s equipment during transport of patients
- Maintain safe manual handling and stretcher operation techniques
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Patient Transport Driver: Current Advanced First Aid certificate
- Patient Transport Officer: HLT31115 – Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport or equivalent OR E.E.N with Diploma of Nursing
- Full NSW Drivers Licence
- Extensive experience driving in city and country conditions
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in a similar role (desirable)
- Knowledge of NSW NEPT service specifications (desirable)
Additional Requirements for *Patient Transport Officer Jobs NSW:
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months.
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a Working With Childrens Check for employment.
About the Company:
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the The Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, NSW and TAS.