Patient Transport Officers and Ambulance Transport Attendants Jobs
Royal Flying Doctor Service
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, NSW and TAS.
Patient Transport Officers and Ambulance Transport Attendants provide high-quality patient care and treatment during the transportation of patients. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients and patients alike.
NOTE: This is an example of the type of job you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
- Perform patient assessment and intervention.
- Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all Flying Doctor MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within the prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- ATA: Ambulance Transport Attendant, Ambulance Officer, Ambulance Paramedic or Division 1 Registered Nurse.
Please note: recent graduates from Diploma or Bachelor level education must have completed 400 supervised, clinical on-road placements hours to qualify as an ATA and be able to provide logbook evidence of hours in accordance with NEPT guidelines.
- PTO: Minimum qualification of Certificate III Non Emergency Patient Transport, Certificate IV in Health Care or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse Qualification
- Hold a current Victorian Driver’s License (mandatory) and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions.
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role desirable but not essential.
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months.
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a Working With Children’s Check for employment.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.APPLY NOW FOR THIS PATIENT TRANSPORT OFFICERS & AMBULANCE TRANSPORT ATTENDANTS JOB