Patient Transport Officers and Paramedics Jobs – NSW
The Company offering these jobs:
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, TAS and NSW.
Patient Transport officers and Paramedics – The Roles
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for casual Patient Transport Officers, Paramedics and Registered Nurses in Tamworth to provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions, in accordance with RFDS MPC policies, procedures, and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
NOTE: These Patient Transport Officers and Paramedics jobs are examples of the types of jobs you can obtain when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. The Australian Paramedical College encourages you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Key responsibilities will include
- Perform patient assessment and intervention.
- Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all Flying Doctor MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ambulance Transport Attendant: Qualified as an Ambulance Paramedic or Division 1 Registered Nurse
- Patient Transport Officer: Minimum qualification of Cert III Non Emergency Patient Transport, Cert IV Healthcare (Ambulance) or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse Qualification
- Current AHPRA registration (or pending approval for paramedics)
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role desirable
- Knowledge of NSW NEPT service specifications
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months.
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a Working With Childrens Check for employment.
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia. RFDS Victoria supports the work of the Flying Doctors throughout Australia, and is also growing its clinical services across the State.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture, offers a flexible working environment and exciting employee benefits. If this sounds like the job for you please click apply to start your application, including your resume and a cover letter.APPLY NOW FOR PATIENT TRANSPORT OFFICER OR PARAMEDIC JOB HERE