Patient Transport Paramedic Jobs
HealthShare NSW are looking for Patient Transport Paramedics for work North Ryde.
What can they offer you?
- Career development
- Work/life balance
- A culture focussed on core values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment
What are they looking for?
- Enthusiastic team members with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- Innovative thinkers who strive for excellence
Employment Type: Full Time / Part Time Permanent
Position Classification: Patient Transport Officer
Remuneration: $52,814 (pro-rata) per annum
Location: North Ryde
Requisition ID: REQ111114
• Work in an agile environment within and outside a hospital and other clinical facilities with a minimal, often 1:1 or 2:1 patient load
• Work autonomously in a team of Patient Transport Officers with remote clinical support
• Take advantage of staff wellbeing benefits such as reduced-rate access to gyms and fitness centres through Fitness Passport, corporate private health insurance rates and free flu shots
• Enjoy a constructive culture with access to a range of culture and wellbeing programs including team fitness challenges and access to Yammer
Where you’ll be working
HealthShare NSW provides support services to the NSW health system. An organisation of over 6,500 staff, our services include food and patient support, linen, patient transport, procurement and logistics, and financial and employee transactions. They are the largest provider of these services in Australia. For more information please visit www.healthshare.nsw.gov.au
HealthShare NSW values diversity.
If you are a person with disability and require information or specific arrangements to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Disability Employment Leader by email [email protected]
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person and would like some more information about applying for a role within HealthShare NSW, please contact one of our Aboriginal Workforce Consultants [email protected]
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination
This is a NSW Health Category A position. All Category A applicants must read, understand and agree to comply with Policy Directive PD2011_005 Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specified Diseases. Preferred applicants must provide evidence of protection against specified diseases prior to appointment and medical practitioner costs to determine protection is covered by the applicant.
Preferred applicants must also participate in a Pre-Employment Health Assessment (PEHA)
What you’ll be doing – Patient Transport Paramedic Jobs
To work as a part of the HealthShare Patient Transport team providing safe and timely transport of patients and contribute to the delivery of quality care and excellence in customer service within a cost effective and efficient environment.
This position will require a valid Working with Children Check for paid work
prior to appointment.
Successful candidates must be available and committed to attend a 2.5 week full-time induction program. Dates relevant to the recruitment induction program will be made available by Patient Transport Service.
Candidates must upload evidence of their qualifications listed in the application. The originals will be checked at the interview.
- Experience as Patient Transport Officer or equivalent (eg paramedic, ambulance attendant).
- Possession of a current senior first aid certificate.
- Ability to consistently maintain a professional manner and presentation.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an environment where customer service and compassion for those requiring healthcare are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and to participate as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated manual handling skills combined with proven ability to perform work of a physical nature including loading/unloading and maneuvering patients around, on/off stretchers and in/out of wheelchairs.
- Possess an unrestricted NSW Manual Light Rigid Driver Licence prior to commencing employment and, without incurring more than six demerit points in the last three years or a licence suspension/cancellation in the last two years.
- Well-developed basic literacy skills including reading and writing skills.