Medic/Paramedic Career Pathways
A Quick Start Guide
Choose which career suits you best
Learn how to become a Medic in the private sector in around 12-18 months
Let us help you decide which pre-hospital emergency health care career is right for you.
As an Ambulance Paramedic, you’ll join the most respected professions in the world – where saving people’s lives relies on your expert clinical knowledge and decisive action.
Learn how to become an Event Medic/First Responder and work in your local community at sports and entertainment events.
Transport non-critical patients to and from their home, medical centres and hospitals. This is a rapidly-developing area of employment.
Download your personal copy of our FREE getting started guide on how to Become a Paramedic in Australia.
Pre-hospital Emergency Health Care Jobs
Learn about the different types of careers you can develop in the private and State Ambulance sectors. Start off with becoming a Basic Life Support Medic, Event Medic, Patient Transport Officer, Emergency Response First Responder or Pre-hospital Emergency Health Care Specialist.
The Diploma of Paramedical Science delivered by APC is the highest level qualification to be gained in the private out-of-hospital emergency health care sector.
To gain the degree required to become an Ambulance Paramedic/Officer, the APC Diploma of Paramedical Science can set the foundation to step into university to study the Bachelor of Paramedic Science.
The following career choices are perfect if you are;
- Curious about how to get a start in the health care sector and need more information
- Currently working and wish to study in your own time and work towards a nationally recognised health care qualification.
- Looking for a rewarding and satisfying career in emergency health care but can’t commit to university just yet.
- Thinking if university studies is the best option.
- Thinking of using a Diploma qualification to work overseas as a Paramedic (London Ambulance Service)
- Looking for an easier entry into the pre-hospital emergency health care sector to discover if this is something you really want to do.
- Ready to take on the responsibility of self-education to help you live a better life in the future.
Are you ready to unlock your full potential?
If you’re just starting out and thinking about a career as a Medic or Paramedic.
Let us show you how to get started.