Medic/Paramedic Career Pathways
A Quick Start Guide
Choose which career suits you best
Learn how to become a Medic in the private sector in around 12-24months
Let us help you decide which pre-hospital emergency health care career is right for you.
As a prehospital emergency health care specialist, you’ll join the most respected professions in the world. Saving people’s lives is all about clinical knowledge and decisive action.
Learn how to become an Event Medic/Emergency First Responder. Work in your local community at large sporting events, open-air concerts, school sporting events festivals and entertainment venues.
Transport non-critical patients to and from their home, medical facilities and hospitals. This is a rapidly developing area of employment with many jobs being advertised on SEEK, Indeed, Jora etc.
Discover the options available to get the bachelor degree which is now a requirement to become a registered Ambulance Paramedic.
Earn big money in the mining, offshore and industrial/remote sector, where travel and high salaries are an attractive component of the job.
Download the FREE getting started guide which clearly explains how to become a Paramedic in Australia.
Pre-hospital Emergency Health Care Jobs
Learn about the different types of careers you can develop in the private and State Ambulance sectors. Start off by becoming a Basic Life Support Medic, Event Medic, Patient Transport Officer, Emergency Response First Responder or Pre-hospital Emergency Health Care Specialist.
The Diploma of Paramedical Science delivered by APC is the highest level qualification (AQF level 5) achievable at the vocational education and training level.
To get the degree required to become an Ambulance Paramedic/Officer, the APC HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science can help you to step into university and study the Bachelor of Paramedic Science.
Our courses are perfect if you are;
- Curious about how to getting started in the health care sector and need more information
- Currently working and wish to study in your own time and work towards a nationally recognised health care qualification
- Looking for a rewarding and satisfying career in emergency health care but can’t commit to university just yet
- Wondering if university study is the best option
- Thinking of using the diploma to work overseas as a Paramedic (London Ambulance Service)
- Looking for an easier pathway into the pre-hospital emergency health care sector
- Ready to take on the responsibility of self-education to help you live a better life in the future
Are you ready to unlock your full potential?
If you’re just starting out and thinking about a career as a Medic or Paramedic.
We can show you how to get started.